Sunday, February 5, 2012

Laying It Down

It's been a long time since I shared the goings on in my life.  I have been so busy and at times felt overwhelmed with my photography that I have taken on.  God has been so good to provide for me and my family.

Dan preached today's message fr the first time this year.  I always feel proud to hear and see him serving in our church.  Well actually for anything for that matter.  Seeing him at work makes me feel so much more confident in where he believes our family should be led.

Today's message was simple in that we need to plan the year ahead.  Set goals and prepare for the opportunities and the unexpected things that prop up.  Pray - Link - Apply and Never give up.  Awesome encouragement to remind us to have continuous conversations with our God in everything that we do.  I was remembered that I need to link with the right people to see God's plan through in my life.  We can only go so far with certain people in our lives.  When we feel that we've reached the end of the relationship then we need to be thankful for that time and then move on and continue with God's plan.  Application is always key to any plans being made.  Putting to action the plans we've developed.  I sometimes put a lot of pressure on myself to follow through with what I've promised but at the same time I need to keep a balance of what I have going on in my life.  Lastly, never giving up.  I am not going to give up on my journey to improve my health.  My husband is so motivated right now which is exciting for me.  Today I felt good about myself.  The way I dressed to go to church.  I had blogged about some time ago that I no longer am going to feel so down about myself with the size that I'm at right now, because I know this is only temporary.  But I really did feel pretty today :) and my husband stared at me in the same way he did when we got married.  As embarrassing as it was for me to be on the other end of those long stares, it felt good to be the apple of my husband's eye again :)

The other key message that stood out for me today came through in a song that our worship band hadn't sung in a while.  An old "Katina's" track.  I'm "laying it down for the joy of the Lord".  With all that we have going on in our lives it takes an action by us to lay our burdens down so that we can see the glory of God.  So that we can enjoy what God has set for us.  We build a wall around us that prevents us from really seeing the blessings that we have in our lives.  That song reminded me to push aside all that makes me unhappy to see how happy I can really be.

For 2012 don't waste your time on things that don't add any value to your life, because you will miss out on the value that is already there!!! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment