Tuesday, July 5, 2011

We will Remember the Works of Your Hands

"We will remember
We will remember
We will remember the works of Your hands
We will stop
and give you praise
for great is thy faithfulness"

"We will remember" by Tommy Walker

With the decision that my family and I have made that will begin a new chapter in my life, I listen to this song and am reminded of the great things that God has done for me.  In all that we do we often forget the most important things in our lives and in our busyness we forget to be thankful.  To give thanks and give praise.

In the midst of what I'm going through physically and spiritually, I can see the works of God's hands in my life.  Even as a family, only a few days ago we agreed on what I will do going forward, and when I am presented with the opportunity to be open about our decision, God continues to move in His ways.  And I am sooo truly thankful, of the blessings that He gives me.  He knows that I need rest, and it is not until I admit that I do He blesses me in my decisions.

You know God does have a great plan for us, but He leaves it up to us to make the decisions in our lives.  We have a choice and in those choices, God can tell when we really mean it.  I made a decision with my family but at the back of my mind I want for something else...and today again God is giving me the opportunity to have both!!! I am so thankful!!!

So now with things out in the open, I will wait patiently for what God will make right for me.  But in the time that I wait, I will starting getting myself right physically!!!

I love the scripture Psalm 139 where David writes about how God knows us completely.  He knows me completely.  Of everyone that has come and gone in my life, there is only one constant that knows me completely and that is my God.   He knows exactly what I am about to say before I even say it and yet I am given the choice to say things.  I am so blessed.

In the way that God has created me, I compare it to a mechanic building a car from scratch.  Only He will know where every bolt, screw, technical gadget that will go into the car for it to work to its full capacity.  When the car doesn't work, he knows exactly what is wrong with it.  Why? because he put it together.  He will know the best pieces that need to go into the car that he is building.  Every car is unique so you won't see the mechanic putting pieces from a mitsubishi into a lexus.  It won't work.  Just as we are uniquely made, God pieced together specific talents, skills, traits that make us who we are.

He is so wonderful.  I am so blessed for the life that he has given me.  I am thankful that at 33 despite going through a life-threatening experience that I did last year, it does not sway my heart nor my mind from what I feel I am being called to do.  What that will be exactly, I don't know.  But I will know when I get there.  And so far, I know that I am on my way.....

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment