Sunday, December 25, 2011

It's that time again...

Wow it's only 7 more days until New Year's Day! I remember writing my goals for 2011 and now am about to take some time out to reflect on the year passed to plan for the year ahead!

2011 has been a year of growth for me, in the spiritual, physical (definitely!) and mental sense.  I have grown to understand myself so much more.  I've found that I really needed to look within to find what really satisfies ME.

I've learnt in 2011, that before being able to help others, I needed to help myself first.  By filling up my own car can I then go the distance.  You can only get so far on an empty unwarranted and unregistered vehicle :)

I've learnt that my daughters' really appreciate the quality time I give them.  No matter how little it does get at times, it's being mentally aware that in that particular moment ...they need me...their mum.

I've learnt to be honest with myself and with my husband.  No longer am I to play mind games with him especially when it comes to my birthday :P but at the same time allowing him the opportunity to take a chance to please his wife in however way he feels is best.  Appreciating those moments is important in our relationship. We can't always get it right that's why the next time will ALWAYS be so much better! :)

I've learnt that only God  can really meet ALL my needs.  Only God knows what is right for me at any given time. Only God makes things happen in my life.

I've learnt that distancing myself from others really does allow the devils to plant seeds of anger, assumptions, and frustration to enter into my heart and my mind.  It says in the bible that if we draw near to Him, He will draw near to us...same goes for our relationships with our brothers and sisters.

This year has really been a year about ME.  Despite my physically temple still not quite reflecting the REAL ME...I am happy that my spiritual and mental person is growing stronger each day.

I look forward to what 2012 brings.  The opportunity to start over, to start afresh, to make right the wrongs we have done in 2011 is exciting and yet makes me nervous.

2012 I will definitely FINISH a number of things I've started......

I am truly thankful for all the opportunities I have had this year.  I am also most thankful for my readers.  Thank you for following me on my journey.  Thank you for your kind words of encouragement.  If there has ever been a time where you have felt that you have not made a difference in this life....please know that YOU have made a DIFFERENCE IN MINE!!!

God bless you and your families....I hope that you continue to join me on my journey in the new year xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment