Wednesday, September 28, 2011

New Week...New Perspective...

So a new week starts this week.  First week down and I have lost 1.7kgs! :) Yesterday went well.  Exercised with Mira playing Dance Central and Kinect Sports :).  So that took us about an hour, but definitely alot of leg and arm action :).  I stayed active and that's the main thing.  Though I am going to do more this week.  Meals have gone well and am drinking plenty of water.  I love preparing every meal now.  Dan is really appreciating a home cooked meal and really looks happy to be home to try something new.  Something for me to learn here is to accept his compliments with a cheerful heart rather than a.."yeah okay lets eat now" :P

I talked about in previous posts about my relationship with my girls.  I can say that there is improvement there.  I am dealing with their little tanties a lot better and feel more at ease.  Because the yelling and screaming and angry looks are slowly moving out of this household my girls are getting along better too :)  I feel that I'm giving them more of my time now.  My eldest seems really cheerful now :)  So all in all things are going well in the home front.

I'm feeling more at peace now.  There are still the little stresses e.g. my school work but I feel I'm in a better place mentally to deal with it all.  Before making a decision about food, activities etc I tell myself "Love yourself enough to try..." over and over in my head.  And it works.  I no longer reach for junk.  I no longer sit down on the computer for hours on end.  Learning to love yourself is exhausting.  But then again, wouldn't you do anything to help someone you truly love?  I'm trying to loosen up a little also.  Not putting so much pressure on myself.  Taking things a little easier and trying to enjoy life.  I am truly beginning to see that now.

I've decided to create a new "bucket list" for the Healthier Me to keep me motivated :)


Fitness list
  1. Walking up my street (very very steep hill)
  2. Walking up the Stokes Valley stairs non-stop
  3. After losing 15kg - walk up Wainuiomata Hill
  4. After losing 30kg - walk up mount in Porirua
  5. Rock climbing
  6. Join a touch team in the summer
  7. Join a basketball team


Feel good list

  1. 5kg loss reward - Go to a Hot Spa :)
  2. 10kg loss reward - Go to a Hot Spa again :)
  3. 15kg loss reward - New shoes
  4. 20kg loss reward - Full body massage
  5. 25kg loss reward - New clothes ;)
  6. 30kg loss reward - 
  7. 35kg loss reward - Weekend away with my family
  8. 40kg loss reward - Girls night...Time to cleanse the spirit :)
  9. 45kg loss reward - Fit into my new size 16 summer dress
  10. 50kg loss reward - New Graduation outfit
  11. 55kg loss reward -  Fit into my size 14 summer top I bought years ago when I did Weight Watchers but gave up just before I could fit into it.
  12. 60kg loss reward - Make over and "first date" with my handsome husband....who will surprise me with a trip to the Greek Islands (I hope he reads this lol)

If you have any ideas of what I can do to reward myself on my Feel good list or even suggestions for my Fitness list then leave me a comment :)

Love today's encouragement from "The Word for Today".  This is fitting given that yesterday's post was about this journey is not my battle to fight but His!!!! xxx

LET THE REFINER DO HIS WORK


'He will sit as a refiner...of silver...' Malachi 3:3 NIVIt's hard watching someone you love going through the refiner's fire, but it's the only way to get pure silver. It's hard watching the refiner turn up the heat until all the scum on the bottom rises, every impurity is removed, and He finally sees His face reflected on the surface. But only then is the work complete. And that's God's goal for each of us.


When we pray, 'Make me more like Jesus,' we're asking the Holy Spirit to do a work in us. Usually we don't change until the pain of staying the same becomes unbearable. For most of us, knowledge is not the bridge to growth - pain is. No matter how much you love someone, don't try to rescue them from God's dealings. The worst thing you could have done for the Prodigal Son was go down to the pigsty, clean it up and make it comfortable for him. That's called 'enabling'. Let the refiner do His work! For much of his life Jacob didn't think he needed God. He'd probably have told you, 'I'm doing just fine, thank you!' But the time came when he had to go home, stand before his father and face the wrath of his brother Esau whom he'd wronged. And that's when he became willing to wrestle with God and say, '...I will not let you go unless you bless me' (Genesis 32:26 NIV).


Change usually comes when it hurts so much that you have to change, when you learn so much that you want to change, and when you receive so much that you welcome change.


Love it!!! xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment