Monday, September 26, 2011

Not MY Battle!....

I've just returned from a weekend quickie trip in Auckland to support the good 'ol Blue and Red of Samoa!  What an awesome weekend I've had.  Just feel really blessed.

We arrived 6am Saturday morning after a ten hour bus trip up the north island.  It wasn't the greatest trip but I won't complain too much for it was so cheap!

Had breakfast while waiting for my brother to arrive.  Quiche and Green tea :) hmmmm...filling.  Good start to the weekend.  Stopped into the olds to give them a Hi 5 that we had arrived safely :).  Spent the morning picking up Trade me items, our tickets to the Samoa Vs Fiji game on Sunday and lunch with family.  It's so great to be around family.  I did well not to indulge during lunch as I am a huge sucker for corned beef and spaghetti.  And I did well! I packed my own tea and crackers for the trip :).

Saturday night we hung out with the olds, but Sunday morning...Wow! Now that was a real blessing.  We checked out the new City Impact Church opposite Sylvia Park in Mt Wellington.  They have a really nice set up.  The service was simple.  I really enjoyed the word that day and really spoke to my situation.  So awesome.  Firstly it was mentioned during an encouragement about the battle not being ours.  The Battle is for God to conquer.  We go through life fighting these battles, these demons and we get so exhausted mentally, physically and spiritually.  But all the while, the battle was never really ours to fight in the first place.  There is a reason why we bring our problems to the cross.  Jesus was sent to this earth so that our sins are forgiven.  As He died on the cross He said "It is finished".  In any situation we go through "It (the situation/our battle) is finished"...but we allow society, negative influences, people in our lives to tell us otherwise.  I thought about this encouragement and could not refrain from nodding in agreement that my battle of obesity, of low self esteem, my struggles in my relationships is not a battle for me to fight...but for God to fight, for Jesus to fight on my behalf.  I felt an instant release, a burden lifted from my shoulders as I imagined passing/handing my burdens to God and watching the torments, the taunting move from me to Him.  I was and am so thankful!!!

The Word spoke to me and reminded me of how great and powerful our God is and that greatness lives within me.  It is my sin that separates me from ever really appreciating or understanding that greatness and I shield it from people because of my battles/situations.  People around me, whether they are family, friends or strangers will never really come to know the greatness within me when I allow myself to feel that I am not worthy, that I become self conscious about my "temple".  I feel that I know what God's plan is for me, but each moment that I begin to doubt myself, the light of my God within me flickers and dims.  There is a power, a light within the depths of my soul that drives me to do what my heart desires and that is to serve God.  Serving God is not only the tangible things that I do for people and for church.  It is the intangible things that are just as important.  It is in the unconditional love for my family and friends.  The forgiveness and peace in my heart to love once again where bridges are burnt.  I am glad that I had decided to have alternate days to exercise physically and spiritually.  This is going to be a great journey.

So I'm heading back to Auckland with my family for two weeks and I look forward to heading back to City Impact Church.  I am now enjoying my journey to really changing ME!  I had a great catchup with my youngest brother Ben who also gave me some encouragement so his support is appreciated as is the support I get from everyone!

So I hope that with this post you are reminded that within you (whether you believe it or not) there is a Greatness.  Where there is no comparison!  Your battle is no longer yours but His.  Once you let go of that battle and allow God to take care of it for you...believe me....Greatness will beam from you like no other light can ever compare!!!

xxxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment