Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 102 - 106 No family around...

My last appointment with my orthopaedic surgeon is on Monday.  It will be such a milestone!

Lately I haven't been feeling that way, unrelated to my back.  We're in the middle of moving house and with all the dust etc doesn't help how I feel.  I went to the doctor's yesterday and thankfully it was the same doctor that took care of me when I first had the back pains so she was very concerned about my current condition and prescribed antibiotics etc so to avoid any further infection growing again in my back.  Was so thankful.  I'm feeling better already.

So my family are in Melbourne for my husband's cousin's wedding.  Both my girls are in the line as flower girls.  My youngest says she's embarrassed and nervous.  Whereas the eldest is a pro, this being her fourth wedding now as a flower girl and has given her little sister a few words of encouragement.  I'm glad they could get some time away even if it is for five days.

This past week has been interesting, as I was cleaning out some things for our move I came across the diary that Dan and I kept when were dating.  Because we lived in different cities we had this thing that we would write about our day and when we would meet we would handover the diary for the other to write in.  I had started reading through the entries.  My hat goes off to those having long distance relationships...it's not easy!  I forgot how hard it was to be apart from Dan.  Amazingly God had blessed us with opportunities to see each other which worked out to be every month that we were apart.  In the same token there were a lot of dark entries of my last weeks at home.  The decisions we make in our lives determine the next steps down particular paths.  I'm fortunate enough that my decisions have led me to be happily married with two gorgeous girls, a great job, and surrounded by loving families.

No comments:

Post a Comment