Wednesday, September 29, 2010

So much for Daily....

My entries have been few and far between!...So we're now in our new place and I love it!  My girls ran through the house screaming on the first day.  No problems so far.  Dan at the moment is trying to set up his entertainment system...sheesh :)  Absolutely love the functionality of the house.  It suits our needs!  We had a lot of help over the weekend which were truly grateful for.  My sister-in-law refused to have me lifting anything.  I am thankful that someone was watching me :)

My body is feeling sore and I'm a little worried which has reminded me that again I have taken for granted the blessings God has given me.  It is true that in our time of need we call on Him.  My immune system is pretty low I feel.  Today I needed to pick up my eldest and a family friend from their school holiday programme and because I had just finished tidying up the garage I was feeling very tired.  I was worried that I would fall asleep on the way to picking them up.  And of course I dangerously did!!!  I had my youngest with me who was a little frightened because I kept telling her to talk to me so that mummy wouldn't sleep.  We stopped off at a gas station to buy some "Red Bull"...goodness it really does give you wings! I was fine after that.  So much for relaxing tonight I nailed a few portraits and artwork up tonight.  Didn't have a hammer around (which I reminded my husband 3 times to collect from the old place and still forgot!), so used a can of spaghetti instead.  Handy it was! :)

Now that I feel settled I need to start reading again especially before my school work kicks in.  But more so I think my spirit needs it.  With my body feeling the way it is at the moment, I think it reflects my spirit feeling in need of some rejuvenating and hopefully then my body will follow.

I've been thinking a lot about how Dan and I have been very busy with settling into the new place and finding tenants for our old place that we have neglected our girls slightly we feel.  It shows in the way they are acting out at the moment.  I spent some time with my youngest colouring in her book which was nice.  I need to do more of it I think.

I look around my new place and feel that I am finally at home.  I dreamt of a home with exposed wood and I have it now.  God is good.  Speaking of dreams.  I had a dream the other night that was very vivid and later shared with Dan.  In my dream Dan and I were approached by a woman (who looked like the real estate agent that sold us our new place) offering us tickets overseas.  We didn't have passports on us but she was insistent that we needed to catch our flights that very minute and that we didn't need passports or any luggage for that matter.  Immediately (with hesitation on my part) we followed this woman to the airport holding onto our boarding passes.  I tried to grab Dan to talk to him about what we were about to do because I felt a weird sinking feeling in my gut that something big was going to happen.  Dan looked scared and certain that boarding the plane is what we needed to do.  I disagreed and could not bring myself to go with him.  In my amazement Dan boarded the plane without me.  We didn't even say goodbye to each other.  Next thing I find myself outside of the airport feeling heart broken that Dan could just leave me.  Snapping out of my misery I realised that people were running in all directions.  Some stood still and look to the skies pointing.  I was too scared to even imagine what they could be looking at.  I turned slowly to see what they were looking at.  My jaw dropped and I froze.  I couldn't hear anything but gaze at seemed to be balls of fire falling from the sky with black smoke trailing behind it and smashing into the ground around us.  On impact the sounds of screaming returned to my ears.  At that point I felt tapping on my shoulder and I turned around to find Dan standing there.  I couldn't believe that he was standing in front of me.  He came back!  We couldn't understand what was going on and then I remembered that someone told me that something big was going to happen on the 12th of this month.  I anxiously asked Dan what the date was and he said it was the 12th.  I told him that we had to get away and that this is the day that it was going to happen....that the world was going to end....

Now I hadn't watched anything of the armageddon nature before I went to bed that night.  But I still have some strong sense that something will happen very soon.  And I think about my life, my family, my illness and wonder whether this is a warning that my time will come soon.  I had this dream last week and then over the weekend the message that was shared at church was about not knowing what the time will be when our Lord returns to take us home.  We will never know what God's plans are but he warns us about always being prepared.  I am a big believer in the dreams that I have and that I think that when God can't reach me during the day, He reaches me in my dreams at night.

I need to be prepared for anything in my life.  I need to be more focussed.  To use my energy to fulfil God's purpose in my life and not waste it on things that are not of His will.

This week my aim is to be ready and focussed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment