Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day 97 - 101 - WHOA!!! over 100 days...

Day 101 Whoa!!! Amazing!!!  God has been so good to me on this journey.  I am much stronger than I was on Day 1 but I know that there is still a bit more to walk on this path of healing!!!

So I had an appointment with the docs last week at the Wellington Hospital.  It was my first time there.  Beautiful hospital, so many different waiting rooms and coloured seats for specific doctors. sheesh.
My appointment was short and quick.  Basically the doctor felt that there wasn't a need to see him in the future.  I asked about the impact on my spine through carrying a child to full-term during pregnancy.  It is a low risk for me.  Thank goodness! I felt relieved.  Our plans to have more children will go ahead :)

These past week has been filled with stressors, truths, realities but overall love that our family will pull through this mini-storm we are going through.  Our God is a great God and I believe that He knows what is right for us.  We have plans to move into our new place very soon but need tenants or buyers for our current home.  I do love this place because it's nice and has been our home for almost five years but like my eldest sang today "You can't always get what you want!" (a cover from the hit show Glee).

We celebrated Father's day today.  I am so thankful for the loving husband that I have and the love he has for our children.  He leads this family with a strong belief that walking down God's path will see us prosper!  I miss my dad though.  My dad is in his 60s and he has done so much for me and my family these past couple of years.  He is so strong.  When we think about our parents growing old and becoming fragile we assume that they no longer have plans of their own and begin to make plans for them.  I've come to realise that there are stages in our lives that we plan for; making a commitment to someone, starting a family, seeing our children grow up and leave us, and then retirement.  I've tried hard since I left home to prove to myself and my family that I can make something of myself and in return support them.  I have worked so hard and gone full steam ahead and have forgotten to take my family (parents and brothers) along with me.  Growing up I never thought that I would have learnt anything from my dad but I now believe that I have.  I see it in the way that I raise my girls, in my relationship with my husband.  I can definitely see that I have taken the good from my upbringing and applied it to my own little family.  I am so thankful for my dad.  I don't think I let him know enough though.  At times it is hard to bring to the surface how we really feel about our parents and family.  The last time my dad was with us I couldn't even bring myself to say thank you to him as he boarded his plane.  I felt this emotion build up in my throat to the built that it took my voice away.  Didn't stop the tears from falling though.

This message is dedicated to all our fathers.  Though we as your children may not show it, we really are listening with a loving heart :)

No comments:

Post a Comment