Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Ticking things off my list....

So last week had to be one of the busiest weeks this year!  I had my work do last Friday, which I was part of the organising committee.  The regional youth quiz night later that night, and then the next day was our church photo fundraiser, which I am the photographer.  Only because I am surrounded by great people and Gods strength that I had pulled these off.

I had to take the day off today to recuperate.  I am doing more exercise now which has been a test each time on how much my back could take.  Part of me, pushes myself to do more thinking I'm being silly but the other part of me says don't even go there, take your time.

With our church fundraiser kicking off and a lot of interest has come about I am now looking to extend the fundraiser to Auckland, NZ.  I will be spending some time up there.  All the donations go to my church the good work we will do.  So I'm praying that this is all part of God's journey for me.

My parents come down in a week.  Will be nice to have them around.  I have so many things for my dad to do around the house.  ha! and he thinks he's coming down for a holiday :)  I think not.

We are now into Week 4 in taking care of ourselves.  My husband has slowly slipped back into his old habits, but we're doing okay.  Last week was a little hectic, but this week will be better.  I keep having at the back of my mind that if my temple is in top shape then my service to God will be too!  There are so many things to consider, when I think about how good my service is at the moment.  I sometimes think that I'm doing a great job when people can see that I'm doing things that they can see.  I often forget that it's the things that people can't see that are just as important.  An example is snapping so quickly at my brother when he let something slip.  IN life we come to accept that people are the way they are.  It is not our job to change their ways but I do think that in any situation no matter how different we are, things can be better.  So an apology quickly followed my abrupt comments to my brother....oops.  I am reminded again that I can control what I do and not what others do.

My goal this week is to focus on the task at hand and to look ahead!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment