Friday, December 31, 2010

Reflections, Reflections

How quickly has this year gone!!!  January 1st tomorrow!

It's a beautiful day in Wellington today, and I'm sitting up in bed with the curtains drawn.  Girls are in their room watching the Cinderella Story DVD for the upteenth time and Dan is crashed out.

It's amazing how the last day/weeks of the year can bring people to reflect on their lives and make plans to change things for the better in the year to come.  There are so many status changes about reflections in facebook at the moment.

Because I'm a "list" person, my reflections for 2010 are:

  • First three months I had set a goal and had lost some weight...
  • Passed one paper in the first semester, transferred the other...
  • Hitting May, I fell sick...
  • out of work for three months!!
  • So many family members stayed with us to help...
  • Bought new house in July - thank you God!
  • Back to work in Aug was hard!
  • My God-father passed away... :(
  • Moved into our new house in September - thank you God
  • Taken on so much and feeling really exhausted
  • Projects for church were a success - Movie fundraiser, Volleyball tournament, Photo fundraiser
  • Holiday in November with my lil family was AWESOME! and much needed!
Despite the mid year flump with falling sick, it has been a very productive year.  What I could have done better was to spend more "quality" time with my girls and taking care of myself.

Next year will be another full on year with completing my degree (Finally!!!).  Taking care of my health.  Being a better mother to my girls, and loving wife to my husband.  There is potential for there to be a new addition to our household - but let's see what God's plans are :) 

So next year I will...
  • strive to be a virtuous woman (Proverbs 31)
  • take care of my health
  • complete my studies
  • more understanding and patient with my family
but most of all having complete faith that God knows what is best for me.  Though I serve Him in "public" activities I need to serve Him more in private.  That means more meaningful prayers, more conversations with God, my character is a reflection of Jesus' character.  If this is done, then all else will fall into place.

Every year we make new year's resolutions but what will set next year's resolutions apart from every previous year?  For me, it's about meaning.  If there is some meaning to my goal, some purpose then I believe I will more likely achieve my goals....

Thank you God for a great year of blessings and tests, I only pray that my service will be taken to the next level next year as my faith will be too!!!

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment