Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011.....New start.....

The fourth day of the new year is drawing to a close.  My goals to improve my health is going well having gone for walks.  Today I walked for 1.5 hours.  I managed to get some quiet time with God during a 5 min break.  I was meant to walk with some family members but they hadn't woken up on time so I thought to go ahead.  No more excuses.  Having had only 4 hours sleep and getting up before 7am, I did okay.  I've been feeling so bloated lately.  I won't let that deter me from hitting the pavement.  I've been really motivated by another friend who has already lost 30 kgs.  His faith and action is getting him through the challenges he participates in.    So at this stage I'm positive that I can keep at it.  Work starts next week so I will start hitting the gym again.

My house is now ready for our Auckland guests to arrive tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to spending some time with my cousin and her family.  I've been very fortunate, very blessed that my family over the past 7 months have had the opportunity to come down and visit/support us.  I look forward to many more opportunities God has prepared for us this year.  

The Word over the weekend talked about understanding that we are no longer orphans but we have a Father in Heaven who loves us unconditionally.  A great reminder that even in our loneliest of times, we are not alone.  I love hearing the scripture about Jesus telling Simeon to caste his nets out into the sea.  Through obedience and faith the nets were filled beyond what they could contain.  Like our plans we can never fully understand why God asks us to do things, but it's with faith and action do we see the blessings.  "Faith and Action".  Like James 2:17 NIV says...faith without action is dead.  I can serve as much and as hard as I can but if my faith isn't in its right place then what's the point.  I have just wasted my time.  Even with the exercising I'm reminding myself to use the time to have a conversation with God.  My friend reminded me that by keeping my "temple" in good health, I can live a longer therefore serving Him more.

I don't really feel that I've had a break these Christmas/New Year Holidays.  All the late nights are self-inflicted of course.  My house is in order which is good but I still feel like I need some sort of release.  I'm certain my time will come to download or shout out :).  

I do love my life, my husband and my girls.  I do think I need to work on showing my affection more.  Coming from a staunch family, I do feel awkward at times when showing affection.  I sometimes have the mentally that I don't have time to hug my husband because I have dinner to cook, the laundry to clean.  I always have at the back of my mind, an email that I received about a mother writing a letter to their child apologising for the little time they have together etc.  I do try to give my girls the attention they want/need.  I do see a positive change in their behaviour when I listen to what their needs are.  Often we focus so much more on outside relationships that we overlook the important relationships that are right under our noses.  I ask for God's strength and patience to persevere with the important relationships in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment