Thursday, February 10, 2011

Finding my motivation...

Before I started typing this blog, I reflected over the week gone by and thought MOTIVATION has definitely been the message this week.  Motivation to continue exercising, motivating to continue tracking my meals, motivation to focus on my work, motivation to....the list goes on.

This past week I have found myself contemplating deeply about what is going on in my life (oh my gosh!! I just saw a chick riding her bicycle really fast down our steep street!.....okay that was distracting...)...and I know I said that I will slow down, but in the past week I have felt the pressure of doing too much.  I have learnt to take a step back and letting people know where I can and can't contribute.  I think it is a good idea for me to participate in this 12 week challenge because it's helping me to really put things into priority.  Like taking care of me.

However, in taking care of ME I need to be mindful that I do not neglect my family.  I do see at times my girls are wanting to spend time with me.  They don't harp on to me about having little time with me and they do understand our commitments to serving in our church, at work etc.  But you see it, little things that they do that you know and feel isn't how little girls should behave.  In spending more QUALITY time with my girls can help my girls grow into strong, confident women.

I sat down with my girls the other night and talked to them about a very sensitive matter that not everyone likes to talk about but it needs to be said.  When we think about the known and unknown cases of child abuse that happens in our families you really have to draw up the courage to sit down with your children and help them to understand situations to look out for and who to talk to.  My heart sank when Mira expressed how at times she can feel uncomfortable and in the same heart beat she made me proud when she wiped her tears and said confidently what she would do if anyone hurt her.  I was so thankful that in that conversation I was lead to help my girls understand that our bodies were not made to feel uncomfortable or to be hurt by someone.  I have always thought that God had blessed us by giving us two beautiful girls and it is our earthly obligation to protect them as much as we can and to raise them in a way that is pleasing to God.

I know that my biggest fault to work on at the moment is patience.  And I am seeing more and more that when I lose my patience with my girls, the situation is telling me that I have not organised myself properly or that I have just taken too much on.  I received an email from a close relative that I need to "sloooooowww doooownnn" :)...and she is right.  This year is going to be a big year for my family....and I will keep saying that until 31 Dec.  We are into the 2nd week of February and already God has done great things in my family!!! I just need to keep believing that and that alone will give me the motivation that I need!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment