Sunday, February 27, 2011

Wow so many blessings....

What a great weekend I've had....God has blessed me with so many opportunities and He continues to open doors for me....

So what have I been up to since my last blog.  I've decided to re-focus my energies again at work and do my best.  I am so blessed with an awesome team.  I absolutely love my job.  At times I do think about whether I should leave the career path and take on motherhood 24/7 but as soon as I get into work and tackle the day-to-day business I'm reminded that what I learn in my workplace will be used to glorify God....if not today...some day!  So for now I will continue with my profession and still be a mummy and a wifey :)

So we have Dan's cousin staying with us for a bit and he has just been a total blessing (yeeeah head bopping to some old school blackstreet...and now ...Dan's favourite Cold Chisel's..."Forever Now"...oops)...to us....we come home and he's tidied the house..kitchen is clean and one day he even cooked dinner!!! Such a blessing.  I hope that his time with us has been a blessing for him as much as he has been a blessing to us.

So with my photography venture I decided to approach to families knowing that they have newborns in their household and offered some free shoots for them to kick start my newborn/baby/children portfolio...'cause you know...just because :)....and wow the images were pleasing to my eye at least.  I had three photo shoots this weekend, and I felt so blessed by the encouragement and feedback received from their families and friends about the pictures. A great opportunity God has given me to be able to try something that I am not professionally skilled at...but I gave it a go.  I must say it was amusing to me trying to take photos of these gorgeous kids with my injured knee.  Check out my photography page...please note I am not a professional but am really interested in this new "hobby"...www.photographybyleonegrace.blogspot.com

Had an awesome time with my girls yesterday and my nephew.  I've been working on my patience with my girls and trying to be fully aware of the little time I have with them.  I love my girls so much and my husband.  My role as their mother and wife should come first before anything.  God has blessed us with so much. My heart is to give back as much as I can not because of the goodness that God has done for us but because that's how it should be...I need to keep giving...He has looked after me and my family over the years and I know I still have yet to fulfill His great plan in my life.

In Sunday school I teach kids around the ages of 9 - 11.  They are really enjoying the open discussions we been have during our lessons. It's interesting how much they share and what they really know about church and God.  Today we talked about the way in which we worship God.  I enjoy teaching kids because it helps me to think of ways I can help them to understand our faith.  There has been challenges but I think the experience has helped me to become quite visual and animated in my messages about God.  Talking to my class today reminded me of the ways in which I worship God.  My life (now head bopping to Boys II Men's version of "It's the same old song".. oops again!) should reflect my worship.  I talked to the kids about how I focus at work reflects my worship by showing others that I can concentrate on the task at hand and show my team mates how hard I can work and get the job done right.

The word during service today talked about  a man who was sick for 38 years and was waiting by the healing pool.  Jesus came across this man and asked if he was wanted to be healed and the man said yes but others kept jumping into the pool before him.  Reflecting on this message it reminded me so much about times where I want to step forward and do the right thing but others get there before me or fear stops me from moving at all.  But Jesus told this man to "Pick up your mat and walk"...such an encouragement to be reminded bluntly that I need to pick up my mat and just walk.  Too often I dwell of plans...making plans...plans to make plans...thinking about how others may feel about my actions etc etc but sometimes you really need to just tell yourself (the power of self-talk) to GET UP AND MOVE!

My aim this week is to move forward on things...make a stand and move forward.  This is the only way I can get closer to my destination....If I don't move, I will be like the sick man sitting by the healing pool for 38 years wanting to move forward but always put back in his place....by the side of the pool.

Stay blessed this week folks....and don't forget to check out my photography page :)

No comments:

Post a Comment