Wednesday, February 2, 2011

5 steps forward.......then someone kicks you back....

So I need to say that I'm feeling a little down today.  I started off feeling great about the good work that is happening in my life and then I get hit with the reality of discouragement that surrounds me!  It's amazing how you can think so positively about things and then a word is shared with you, one's perception, then you watch how quickly your world turns gloomy!!!  I can keep tell myself not to worry about it, or listen to my husband say to me "who cares, but God cares" and then I sit alone...with my thoughts and then argh!!!!!  Right now I'm sitting in the dark and though I'm not expressing my feelings outwardly...on the inside I'm feeling....blaaaahhhhh!  Why is it that no matter how many positive people you can surround yourself with, you only need one person to bring your world down??  Why do we allow ourselves to listen to things that hurt our spirit.....

Anyway....enough of that :P....We had our first women's training session last night for Change 4LYF challenge and it was great! 45 mins walk around Stokes Valley and then an hour of volley.  Definitely feeling it today.  Tonight's session was for our men's group.  They did a fabulous job! We may be small in numbers but we are making an impact!!!  One kid in particular really encouraged me....no matter who we are in life and how we've come to be, you will never know your true worth until you PUSH yourself!!!  Thinking about seeing how hard this kid had trained tonight just pushes out any negativity/sad thoughts in my head right now.  Everyone has things to be angry/sad about, but until you have walked in the shoes of someone who has less and is living HARD....you will never know who you really are as a person!!!

This Change4LYF challenge is helping me to realise that this is not just about a physical change it is very much mental and spiritual for me!!! Change for life.....I need to CHANGE FOR LIFE......change my ways forever, change FOR LIFE, change so that I may live!, change so that my children can have a better life....CHANGE.....

Change...Dan's message last weekend included changing our perspective.....I'm sitting here thinking to myself..I have to start changing my attitude, changing my behaviour.  We teach our girls to instead of "who cares"...say "it doesn't bother me"...and thinking about it now...it is something I need to say aloud...'IT DOESN'T BOTHER ME!!!'

I have so much on right now than to worry about someone's PERSPECTIVE...I need to refocus my energies on the things that will change ME for LIFE......

Everyone has an opinion, everyone has a perspective.  As unique as God has made us, so are our thoughts.

My lesson learnt today....  I have better things to occupy my mind and time... :)...like CHANGING ME FOR LIFE!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ivy,
    I found your blog through the link you left on FB! So thought I'd have a quick read and leave a quick comment. You've got an amazing blog. Everyone has those moments where we all feel down & out but we're only human and those are the times when God really wants us to turn to Him admit we're weak and rely on Him for strength. I don't dwell too much on what others say because I keep in my mind how much better off we are in God, don't let the enemy steal your joy. Bless you Ivy, I hope that all is well with you & yours.
    Love Hanna:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Hanna sweets....I agree everyone does have those moments...and its these such moments that define us... :)...but you are totally right...lean towards Him!....xx

    ReplyDelete