Saturday, February 12, 2011

It's the little things....

If we are not faithful in the little things how can we be faithful in the big things!!
I'm contemplating tomorrow's first weigh-in since we started the Change4LYF challenge..and after scoffing down a pizza with stuffed cheesy crust, spicy chicken wings and coke...I am pretty certain of what my result will be tomorrow!!!  BUT I am staying positive that I can do this challenge!!!

I've made it a fitness goal to play touch next summer.  It isn't really my sport, and I've always felt lost.  One of the best memories I have growing up is watching my brothers play.  (I miss them!).  Another goal is for me to wear my wedding rings again...it's been a long time, initially because I lost my wedding band :) but I would really like to wear my rings again...signifying to the world that I am in love and married my best friend and awesome dad to our beautiful girls.  That day will come....  Hopefully before our 10th anniversary next year :)

This morning we had our first catering gig for our church at a Men's health clinic.  It was such a humbling experience to work alongside my sisters-in-Christ.  With only four of us in the kitchen doing the cooking it was such a blessing we all worked in tune and continued to check on each other throughout the clinic.  It was a breakfast clinic and we expected to cater for 300.  Such a blessing.

I have been spending the afternoon with my girls which I'm really enjoying.  Playing this game called Mancala with my eldest is a lot of fun and very addictive.  We are now going to jump into our PJs and pull out our airbeds to watch a movie (and play some Mancala) before we crash out.

Today is a day to remember for the Hutt Valley Spartans Gridiron team for they won the Wellington Championship....can't remember what they call it...like the "Superbowl" ...I think its something like the "cereal bowl" :P...not sure.  Big UPs to the HV Spartans for their hard work and training....and injuries!

I'm looking forward to the Word tomorrow....I'm sure it's going to be refreshing....

Have a great Sunday ....

No comments:

Post a Comment