Monday, February 28, 2011

What to say?...

Next weekend is the gathering of all Wellington Samoan AOG Youth for camp.  The focus of this camp is to help our youth groups get to know each other better and to prepare for the upcoming annual national conference to be hosted by Wellington.

I have been asked to give a short encouragement for the youth on Saturday night.  I am looking forward to the opportunity and have some thoughts around what I could share with everyone.  After looking through the programme I find that there are a few speakers over the weekend.  So I'd imagine that there is potential for there to be encouragement overload that weekend.  But how much encouragement is too much encouragement you know.  I think I need to mediate on what needs to be shared with everyone based on how the camp goes.  It will be a good change to having this camp as it has been a while that the youth has been yearning for something to happen.

Speaking of movement....again I need to share that God has once again been so good to our church.  Having gone through a weeding season and that our church is now at its lowest number of members since I've been a member, god continues to work His wonder in our church.  As numbers dwindle, naturally so does the bank but opportunity after opportunity after opportunity has God blessed our church! It's absolutely amazing what He has done for us.  Firstly He has given us the opportunity to run a number of Family Portrait fundraisers.  Blessing our church with the heart to run with the idea and supporting it.  He then blesses us with an opportunity to cater for a local Health seminar for men at which Vaaiga Tuigamala was the guest speaker. And then again with the funding received to run a year long 12 week challenge for our Hutt Valley communities!!  And now He continues to bless our church financially beyond our beliefs!!!

He is sooo good to us...why should we stop serving Him!!!  As I start my studies this year completing my last 4 papers of my degree I call on God to help me focus!!!!  I am on the last leg of my academic race :) and I AM GOING TO FINISH!!!!!

Again I Pick up my Mat and WALK!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment