Monday, April 25, 2011

OVERWHELMED!!! xx

I am so blessed by what I experienced over this weekend.  Despite this conference being a business-focussed conference, the Holy Spirit was definitely moving through His people!!!  The Word shared throughout the week spoke volumes to me and reassured me that the path I am walking is one that will lead me to see my Father in Heaven!!!

I have so much to share and don't know where to start.  Dan and I spent the weekend in Porirua.  So blessed to have my parents in town to take care of our girls and spend so much time with them.  It gave us the opportunity to serve and to listen to the Word during this time.  The time we have had to spend with each other and reflect on what we had taken from the conference was awesome.  I love being able to discuss matters at every level with my husband.  We also saw this time as a celebration of our nine years together!  Absolutely blessed this weekend.

Friday night was awesome with our Wellington Youth leading the way with the song "I give myself away" which we sang at camp.  It was awesome, and set the tone for the conference!  The opportunity for our youth to express themselves in a way they could was such a sight to see.  Seeing such a huge group together was encouraging to see.  At least this group of kids weren't in a situation they shouldn't be this weekend.  The kids sang with such confidence and with command in their voice that they were making a stand in saying that they were giving themselves away so that they could be used to do good!

I was snapping pics the whole weekend.  At times I thought to myself, now, you're just taking pics to avoid any Pastors approaching you and ministering to you, but as I began to take photos I could see such emotion, such yearning from people that my thinking changed.  I had always declared my belief that my interest in photography was to be used to minister to people by getting to know them and meeting families with the hope that once they begun to know more about me through my work they would begin to see God's goodness, but this weekend my interest was taken to a new level.  I was talking to Dan last night about what I felt the Spirit was telling me.  We knew there were a lot of people they could not make the conference.  So I wanted to take images to show people what they CAN HAVE in church, in His presence.  In declaring that, the images I was taking changed.  I began to see things differently, with the purpose that I wanted to share with people that church can be an enjoyable place. A place that you can find refuge and peace.  So often you would see photos of people after a conference but you would never see what actually goes on during a conference.  I absolutely believe that God has blessed me with the ability to see things a little differently.  By keeping Him always at the forefront of my mind, I absolutely believe that my images have taken a new direction!

My favourite photo from this weekend I want to share with you is a photo of one Pastor serving another!  I was so humbled seeing this, that it reminded me that no matter what level of seniority you achieve in life, it is important to have a spirit of humility, a spirit of reverence.  I was absolutely touched by seeing this.  I had to share it with this Pastor which coincidentally was someone (and his wife) I used to keep in touch with years ago via email.  I was so blessed to finally meet him and his beautiful wife and share the fact that we had once encouraged each other before, and now seeing each other serving in His ministry!! Truly a God-led weekend!!!




The other photo I wanted to share with you was something that was very profound...watching my husband serving with humility.  I am so blessed that God has blessed me with such a God-fearing husband!!



Be blessed...

No comments:

Post a Comment