Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Stored in my Heart, Written with my Tongue, Spoken with my Mouth...

I absolutely loved this word that was shared over the weekend at the conference.  Often it is difficult for us not to share what is in our hearts whether it be good or bad.  A way for me to keep in check is to always share my thoughts and feelings with my husband.  Despite that most times his eyes glaze over, he is a great listener. :)  Especially after I turn the T.V. off :)  It is a special thing to have someone you can rely on and have confidence in sharing your thoughts/feelings no matter how silly you think it may sound.  You will never be judged by this person.  Even in my experience, as patient as my husband is, his capacity to absorb as much as I tell him can only go so far.  We are only human and are built with limitations but with God there is no limitations whatsoever.  We have an eternal listener in Him!

Prayer is what connects us to Him.  Just as the land line connects my little family to my parents back home in Auckland.  And yet even those phone calls are few and far between.  Pretty much like our prayers tend to be, if not few, then not at all.

Why is it that I rarely call my parents? I do get very busy, and by the time I get home it's very late.  So I assume that they will be sleeping.  Sometimes if there is a situation going on, I don't want to call them because I don't want to hear what they have to say about the situation.   Especially when that situation is about me :).  But parents will be parents and they are built that way.. to have a sense of checking in on their children.

And just as we find it difficult to talk to our own parents, it is the same with talking to our God.  We don't want to talk with Him because we are afraid of what He may say to us.  It is interesting that my blog is headed with something that is stored in my heart, and my blog continues on to talk about Prayer.  This is pretty much telling me that my lack of prayer is what is in my heart!  Often when I write my blogs, I close my eyes and allow my thoughts to just wander and my fingers follow.  I try to rely on what the Spirit wants me to share, and I think tonight's blog is for me.  Confessing that my prayer life needs to be on the move again, as it did in the times I yearn for His guidance in my life.  There is no doubt in my mind that God has pulled through each time I have called on His name to help me in my life.  So many situations I have fallen to my knees asking for forgiveness, for guidance and He has answered each and every one of my prayers!!! Most of all He has healed me....So wonderful is He!!!

There are many distractions as there always are in our lives, but it's in the way that we deal with our distractions that determines where our path will lead to next.  I know that I can do better. And I WILL DO BETTER!...

In the same way my girls have the discipline to pray each night before they go to bed, so must I.  To have that same obedience again.  To have a heart like a child.  I sometimes remind myself to be like a child seeking her Father in Worship and in Praise.

I'm listening to Hosanna (Be Lifted Higher) by Israel Houghton.  This song was sung by the Worship band at the Conference.  It was such a blessed song to worship to.  At times when I can't find the words to say to God in prayer, songs come to me instead.  When we sang this at church over the weekend, it felt as thought the congregation were in a different place.  That everything else fell away from us, and that it was only us singing to the Heavens.  I took photos of the congregation during worship and it was such a beautiful sight to see.

Having the freedom to express yourself the way these people did for God is so beautiful...I look forward to this Sunday xx




No comments:

Post a Comment