Friday, April 22, 2011

Sacrifices...

It's Good Friday tomorrow.  Why do they call it "Good Friday"? *quickly googles the history*
okay I am now informed...basically it is a day of remembrance.  Mourning about our sin putting Jesus on the cross, but rejoicing in that He has risen and that we are saved through the blood of Jesus.

At the start of the Easter period I read a lot of messages on facebook about what people were giving up.  I remember the rituals in my Catholic upbringing about eating only fish during lent.  Amazing that one can be inactive and only going to church now and then but when it comes to Easter and Lent you can guarantee that one will not eat meat on Fridays.

What is it about feeling guilty for not following rituals but there is no feeling or thought to missing church on Sundays?  I remember feeling that as long as I went to services at church I did my duty.  My duty to who though....myself? my parents? God?

An important lesson I had learnt in my Catholic upbringing is that we were taught to really focus on what it is that we were wanting to sacrifice during lent.  Now that I am in a new light, it is something that I do miss.  So taking this opportunity now, what is my sacrifice? my thought pattern started off with thinking about junk food, then television programmes that I obsess about, then onto my girls...I need to sacrifice what I do for everyone else to have more time with my girls.  More quality time.  I have tried to spend more quality time with them over the last week or so, and I see the change in their behaviour.  I was thankful that they got onto doing their chores without any complaints.  I felt really blessed and thankful.

Mother's day is not too far away.  Mother's are a great example of what it means to sacrifice.  Now having two children of my own I see how much parents are wiling to sacrifice for their families.  Faith has such an impact on our lives when we believe in our sacrifices that by doing so will fulfil His great plan for our lives.  I always said that I couldn't be a stay-at-home mum.  Thinking that I always needed to work to earn money to contribute to our family and that by taking care of my family was something that you just do.  I find it really difficult to think that I could stay home full-time.  Accepting that God-willing we have another child I will stay home but until then, I feel like I will stay out of touch with the whole world.  I envy my family who are full-time mothers because it really is such a huge job.  I look forward to the day I will be content in staying home, but for now I will continue with what I'm doing.

Yesterday was our 9th wedding anniversary.  I can't believe how quickly the years are flown by.  Over the years we have been married I am extremely thankful for everything that Dan has done for me and our family.  The sacrifices he has made for our family has helped us to be where we are today.    To God be all the glory for this blessed union.  I am so thankful that we are at a stage in our lives that we can disagree and argue our point and feel safe in that environment.  Dan and I sacrifice so much of our family time to serve in His ministry, but we believe without a doubt that our family will be blessed with what is right for us.  We have had numerous trips together as a family which God has blessed us with.  God has never failed us so I don't see why we should stop serving.

Sacrifice.  An offering. a Worship.  In Honour of this season I leave you with this song "Worthy is the Lamb". Thank you Lord for your Sacrifice xx  your servant

"Worthy is the Lamb" by Hillsong Church

No comments:

Post a Comment