Friday, April 15, 2011

Speaking in their Language..Post #99 :)

Wow this is my 99th post!!

It's been over a week since I shared my last post with you.  What has happened over the past week??  I am currently studying two papers, and have assignments due for both.  I managed to get an extension for one, and frantically tried to finish it before starting the next assignment, when I received a message from one of my lecturers to let me know that I could transfer my mark from when I did the paper last year before I fell sick.  This meant that I didn't have to do the first assignment! There was no hesitation in thanking my good Lord for pulling me through at a time I needed him.  I managed to finish my other assignment half an hour before midnight!!  When you least expect it God will pull through!

I had been blogging about my back feeling some pain and had some blood tests done to check whether anything was in my system.  My doctor called the other day to confirm that my blood tests came back ALL CLEAR!!! I was soooo relieved!  What a weight that was, lifted off my shoulders..or should I say my back! :)...Praise God...for He does have a greater plan for me and I'M GOING TO LIVE IT!!!!

I decided to go to bible study last night as I hadn't been in a while and also because I had recently dedicated myself to preach His Word so I need the extra time to study His Word.  Last night's message came from Luke 4.  My interpretation of His Word came in three parts.  Jesus was handed a scroll in the synagogue in Capernaum.  He read the scripture that talked about spreading the good news to everyone.  He then spoke a proverb and yet it seemed as though they still did not understand so Jesus broke down the message further.  This infuriated the crowd that they lead him to a cliff wanting to push him off and he simply turned away and walked away through the crowd.

I think about my role as a teacher, a mother, a Christian and how important it is for us to communicate the good news in a way that it will be received.  As difficult it is for me to understand intellectuals I'm sure it is just as difficult for a non-believer to understand what I am trying to say about my good God.  Jesus had to deliver his message in different ways which tells me there is no one way in delivering our message about God.  I have blogged about before that we are all uniquely made.  All having our own set of values, thinking patterns, expressions so too must our communication and deliver of His Word.  Lastly our reaction is so important in that when our message is not understood, we don't give up or lash out to non-believers we simply turn away and walk through the crowd...and choose another day to revisit your message.

I really enjoyed last night's message and what was spoken to me during the bible study.  I enjoy the open discussion.  It is always interesting to hear others perspectives on the message.  It opens my mind and my heart to receiving what God puts in the hearts of his children.

I look forward to the awesome messages that will be shared this weekend as we draw close to Easter!

Hope you have a good weekend too!!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment