Tuesday, August 16, 2011

As white as Snow...

Wellington is experiencing some beautiful weather...SNOW!!!  Dan and I had always talked about planning a trip to take our girls to experience fun in the snow...and what a blessing it has been to have it fall in our own back yard.  It has been such a distraction to me, even while driving I admire how beautiful the snowflakes fall on my windscreen.  For the last couple of days I have been opening all the curtains in the house and squealing like a little kid as if Christmas has dawned upon us.

It's my last week at work before I start on my journey to a better and healthier me.  With all stresses of late, this beautiful weather has washed away every feeling of sorrow and stress.  Even in my last week, work has picked up, things for church has picked, my assignment is now due, photos need to be edited.....crazy!!! But loving it!!!

There is a song that we sing at church about Jesus' blood washing away our sins as white as snow.  Looking outside my window everything is completely covered in beautiful white soft snow.  Everything seems fresh and new, as my soul is cleansed each time I ask for forgiveness as the words of the song goes.  Feeling the snowflakes fall on my face and my palms, for a moment my worries do fall away from my mind.  Playing in the snow with my girls has brought me back to feeling like a kid again.

It really is the simplest things in life that bring you the most joy.  That remind you of how happy your life can be if from time to time you relax and enjoy the company of those around you, or even just to be still and listen to the rustling of leaves on the ground.  I spent over an hour in the snow with my family.  Normally I would be caring about the house being a mess, dinner needing to be prepared but today it was for me and my family.

My husband's family are mourning the death of a close family member.  It is always a shock when someone close to us has been taken from us so suddenly.  We are left with regretting last moments spent in anger or frustration.  We spend time wishing those last moments had seen love.  In these times of sadness, it is family that bring us together.  Words of encouragement are shared.  We never really experience true loss until it happens to someone very close to us.  I am learning to celebrate the life they led, and the time I have had with them.

I said to my youngest the other night that I loved her and her sister very much and she sobbed. She didn't know why she was sobbing.  Bless her heart.  I'm sitting at the dining room table with my husband, and my girls sitting opposite me.  Looking at them, I see in each of them the time I have shared with them.  The moments we shared in love, sadness, frustration, happiness.  I am blessed to have such a beautiful family.

As stressful as my last few weeks have been, and the coming weeks will be I am thankful that for the last few days and for the coming days I can look out my window and see how beautiful it is to see snow at my doorstep.

Loving life and all its intricacies... xx

No comments:

Post a Comment