Sunday, November 27, 2011

Blessings....

I had returned yesterday from a 3 day trip to Napier for my first graduation photography session.  I really enjoyed myself and am forever thankful for the opportunities that God has put before me.  The opportunity has also been to spend some quality time with my girls.  I enjoyed meeting inspiration young people but felt like something was missing.  I now understand how it is for my husband to attend conferences etc without me.  I felt as though Dan needed to be with me and share in the experiences.

The whole weekend went well.  I couldn't contain the blessings and the joy I was feeling for He pulled through for me again.  I am left with some decisions to make but I am truly thankful and confident in the belief that God has got me and my family.  How secure that feels to trust in Him is overwhelming.

The time I spent with my in-laws too was also invaluable.  God blesses me with what I need for the concerns I have for the moment.  Once I move from forward from those concerns I see the path that He lays before me.

I interpreted the message at the graduation to mean the following:

Accessible - Allowing yourself to be accessible to those that need you in mind, spirit and body.  There are times where we can be reached but we mentally zone out and therefore not give or serve as well as we could have.

Available - I think there have been moments where I make myself available only to certain people.  We make ourselves exclusive to "like-minded" people whereas Jesus made himself available to everyone.  Unconditional love that is.

Adaptable - I often find it difficult to adapt to others plans especially when my heart has been set on my own.  But I need to be flexible and remember that there is no "one way" to doing things.  There will always be a way, and if it means that others plans need to be fulfilled before mine, then so be it.

Awesome reminder for me to remember that in my service to God I need to worship him before I start and at the end of my service.   Always being thankful and giving Him all the glory for everything that I have.  It is a humbling experience to understand that everything that I do is not of my skill and experience but that of which He gives me.  He absolutely qualifies the CALLED ...and not called the qualified.....We all start from somewhere....

This week I will focus on being more accessible, available and adaptable to my little family.... xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment