Wednesday, November 30, 2011

What is in a Message??

I have been asked to preach for the first time at tomorrow's prayer meeting.  It has been some time since I offered myself to become a preacher at my church and I am thankful for the opportunity to share an encouragement to all those in attendance.

I'm sitting here thinking about what to share with others.  Asking god what it is he would like for me to encourage his children as the year draws to a close.  I have some ideas to meditate on.  I am excited about what to share for the first time.  Though I have taught the congregation during Sunday School, this will be slightly different :)

What is in a Message? If I were to think about what I would like to hear in a sermon. "Short" comes to mind first :) ....but a message being specific.  Straight to the point.  Nothing's worse than trying to listen for the point of the speech when the lead up to the point takes 15 mins long :)  Oh the journey of ever reaching our destination is an experience in itself :)

I would like for a message to be relevant.  Current to my situation.  Illustrate how my life can relate to what is being said.  Growing up we always have trouble finding any relevance to what our parents have said about their struggles during their upbringing to our modern day ways of life.  There is a skill to telling I story I think...and telling it in a way that keeps your audience engaged.  I hope that in my experience of sharing my story I am on the way to mastering my own style of story-telling, but in a way that is relevant and engaging :)

Well I've got some writing, thinking and praying to do to prepare for my message tomorrow.  I trust in God that He will give me some encouragement to share with others. :)

It will be a GREAT EXPERIENCE!!!

 xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment