Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Taking care of my house....

In every sense of the meaning I am taking care of my house at the moment.  My husband has not been well which is pretty rare for him, but I am also continuing taking care of my temple.

I'm sticking to my challenge of someone asking me to participate in some exercise my immediate answer is Yes.  So I have walked the Stokes Valley stairs twice.  And I am so happy that today I had only stopped twice when normally I'd stop 4 or 5 times.  I'm getting there.

Today I participated in our church's Biggest Loser Challenge.  Keeping my mindset on staying active and doing the best I can no matter how silly I look performing the exercises.  There really is a lot of support there.

I am definitely finding that when I do not write in, I lose accountability.  It's easy to lose myself in my day-to-day busyness.  My life is getting more exciting now with a new venture I have taken onboard.  I suppose I have replaced working part-time in the corporate world for working in a creative AND business space.  I am truly blessed for having such a supportive husband that gives me positive and constructive cricitism.

I do need to keep myself accountable and reach my first milestone...it isn't too far away.

I woke up this morning barely could I walk to the bedroom door...the room was spinning so fast.  At first I thought I got up from bed too fast.  But the room kept spinning.  I had to stay in bed for a couple of hours.  I feel much more rested now but that was a wake up call (as if my sty recently wasn't enough) to tell me to get into a better sleeping routine!!!  I am disappointed that I let it get that bad but I'm not going to dwell on it.  I'm just going to do better.

My life has once again gone a little busy but I'm feeling really happy about where I am at the moment.  But I know there are still things to improve.  I am finding that "neglect" is creeping back into my life (or did it ever leave in the first place).  Little things like my girls trying to talk to me but I'm on my phone texting clients or on facebook checking bookings or even that various parts of my house is still needing some tidy up...

Well there I said it....so now I must make a plan to improve on those areas.  I'm such a big planner.  Sometimes I plan so much that I never get anything done.  I love to make lists.  And mentally my list is as long as I am tall... :)  But I will do it.

I am really loving my life at the moment, and loving where I am mentally, physically and where I can be spiritually. xxx

Time to take care of my house xx

1 comment:

  1. You sound so similar to myself Ivy and I am so proud of you. The "neglect" and caught up in all the excitement is the story of my life lol.. I am forever circling that same vicious cycle of neglect with my house and my family but I'm slowly trying to manage it. The demand of our time is huge but very limited in a weird way.. lol.. I'm laughing at the "I love to make lists" lol.. I'm am sooooooo the same.. I'm an excel/organiser queen lmao and need lists in my life for EVERYTHING lol.. without them I'd be so lost lol.. So I know what you mean!! Just wanted to tell you that you're not alone and that I know EXACTLY how you're feeling.. Keep up the great work and I can tell you're getting heaps better with your photography craft! Very inspiring to get me motivated to do the same :) Just a bit hard whilst on the preggo buzz lol.. but I'll get there! Keep it up xx Cori xx

    ReplyDelete