Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Conversations with my Husband...

So tonight's post is about my conversations with my husband.  Over the years, our conversations have grown from learning about each other, loving things about each other, hating with a passion some things about each other (like leaving his clothes on the chair that is meant for sitting in), and loving things about each other some more.

Tonight I was feeling a little sad and needed my best friend to talk to.  He was quickly demoted to just friend when I tried talking with him and it seemed as though setting up Microsoft Office Outlook on his laptop was more interesting.  Goodness was I THAT boring?!  So instead of playing mind games with him, I stood up and let him know that I was not going to continue the conversation because he was more interested in what he was doing.

Wanting to stomp all the way to our room and pout, I didn't want my girls to mirror my behaviour, so instead I pretended to pick things up off the floor and walk to our room :).  My husband soon followed (good man :P) and explained that he thought our conversation was over.  Now had he really been listening he would've known that I was only taking a pause to think...a long pause at that :P.  And again instead of playing mind games with him, I put my feelings of annoyance aside and proceeded with our conversation.  Or more like our one-way conversation.

Talking through everything with my husband has always been such a God-send. I am so thankful that my husband is a good listener.  Despite even in one conversation I would be repeating myself a number of times my husband still listens intently.

We talked through my issue and I realised that what matters most to me is knowing that my husband supports me no matter what.  His opinion and that of my children matter most to me...after God that is :)  When everything is put back into perspective, the world seems right again.

I have found that in my marriage it is important to continually tell each other what we are supportive of, where we need to improve as husband and wife, and as father and mother in this family.  This life is so short, there is no time for mind-games.  So much energy is wasted on mind-reading....

So tonight I am thankful for my husband for always doing his best for our family, for always listening to my voicing my internalising really complicated situations :).

Am truly thankful!!! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment