Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Discipline....

So I've literally just sat down after disciplining my youngest daughter for punching her sister in the face for distracting her from finishing her bed time prayers.  Something I'm trying to work through with my girls with their expressions of frustration by manhandling each other.

As it is something to learn to discipline my children in a way that won't traumatise them when they get older.  It's also a discipline to take care of oneself.  There must be control.  There must be a clear mind.  There must be patience.  It can be so easy to lose oneself in one's emotion.  It can be so exhausting to have this whirlwind of feelings circling within me when all others can see on the outside is someone calm.  Quite the opposite at times.

I am just feeling this right now, but I haven't been this way all day.  Today was productive.  I got onto doing things for my family.  Picked up my very sick husband from work early today.  On the way home he asked me whether I was mad with him for being sick and that he notices when he is in this state that I don't care for him as he does for me when I'm under the weather.  That is true at times.  A woman loves to be cared for by her man...especially when all she does is do the washing, clean the house, take the kids to school, cook the meals, make phone calls to the plumber, get the warrant done for the car, pick up the kids from school .... :) well you know.  I can't complain really.  My husband has been pulling his weight to.  He has grown so much as a father and husband in our almost 10 years together.  We married young.  As most would say.  23 years old.  Was that young?  If it were my girls...yes I'd probably say so too. :)  But watching him over the years, I am truly thankful that he is a man that is true to his word in taking care of his family the way God wants him to.  So when we got home.  I gave him medicine. I made him some tea.  I cooked his meal.  I ask him if he needs anything.  And all he does is chuckle.  :) Well I know I can make him laugh too ;)

Talking about discipline.  I did good today.  If you could spend a day in my head, all you would hear is "Love yourself enough to change" when I feel I want to reach for a croissant....or "You don't need that when your money could go towards something else more important"....or "okay do this, then do that.  Pick up him.  Pick up her. Text them.  Book them"....honestly I think I'm going deaf not because of my girls screaming but the constant chatter going on in my head!

Discipline.....it can sound like such a negative word but it is a life-changing one. And one that will take a lifetime to master.

I received an email from my mum who is also trying to improve her health.  It was nice to read that she wants to do it together.  So that we encourage each other.  It is another chapter in our family book of what we do together as mother and daughter. :)  Even relationships needs discipline.  Discipline to hold you back from saying something that could be hurtful.  Discipline to not influence your loved ones into doing something that does not bring any value to their lives.  Discipline to understand and discern the right things to do to protect a relationship.

I need to have more discipline when it comes to giving myself a chance to truly LIVE!!! I do feel like I'm being held back....but I know it won't be for long.

p.s. I stuck to what I said in my post last night and I will end my day in saying Thank you to Him for being with me today and for being with me when I wake up. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment