Monday, November 21, 2011

A Bump in the Road...

I received some news today that made my heart drop slightly.  I am in a little shock.  I'm sitting back from the laptop and exhaling harshly but slowly.  Because of my procrastination I may not complete the degree that I wanted and may have to settle for another with picking up an extra paper.  :) I was only 3 papers away from finishing.  I could kick myself right now.  But.......I'm choosing not to.  I am slowly accepting the consequences of my actions.  I need to be mature about this.  No point in crying about it.  Crying is not going to get me to finish.  Though it is a release, so is talking about it with someone I trust.  I will wait until he finishes work.

But this is only a slight bump in the road.  My journey in completing my studies has given me a wealth of experience in enduring through times of starting a family and committing myself to God through my service to Him.  I am still positive.  My life is in a very different space right now.  I continue to progress through my new found love for what was a hobby.  I praise God in all my situations.

These past couple of weeks has seen my family grow in the difficult situations that we face.  My conversations with my husband has been about everything and anything.  Not leaving anything out.  Being completely honest about ourselves and our situations.

As heart-dropping as life can be at times, I remember the feeling of capturing some precious moments from a gorgeous wedding I was at over the weekend in beautiful Masterton.  (See pics here www.photographybyleonegrace.blogspot.com)  What a privilege it was to spend time with this gorgeous couple who were clearly in love.  I knew in that moment that what I have been doing for the past year...capturing special moments for others...is spiritually and emotionally fulfilling for me.

Yesterday's encouragement was about being a blessing to others.  Caring more for others than for oneself.  A beautiful follow-on from the weekend I had in Masterton.  Having the opportunity to be able to bless others is such a gift.  You don't have to have money to bless others. If you're heart is to bless those more than oneself, then you will find other ways to do so.  I explained to my kids that giving without a thought of receiving is such a blessing and something so meaningful that it satisfies you on all levels.  Okay maybe not in those words exactly ...they are only 7 & 8 :)  But they got the idea.  It is interesting to hear that from children or even with adults that we put limitations on how we bless others.  Where in situations we can give so much more but we choose to give only a little saying that next time we'll give more.

In my heart, I want to give more with what I can give while trusting in God to help me along the way.

The news I received this morning I take on as only a bump in the road...a challenge and an almost pricey reminder that when I set my heart on something to achieve I need to be focussed and that some things really do need to be sacrificed so that I can achieve my heart's desire.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment