Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 69 - Exciting things ahead....

Today has been a good day despite the weather.  The body was feeling okay today and lasted as long as it could but now it's starting to take its toll.  I think I'd better have an early night.  This week will be busy with assignments and appointments.  I think I will be okay to drive this week.  I will give it a go this Tuesday.

I will be heading to work in a couple of weeks.  I feel as though reality is reaching me pretty quickly, which is probably why I'm doing so much more around the house.  Or at least trying to.  My body does ache but I think it's more that I am starting to wean off the medication and now I am starting to feel things.

The messages today at church were great and spoke to me about the greatness of our God.  This morning the message was about God's ways are not our ways.  Our thoughts are not His thoughts, which is like the distance of heaven from earth.  This, to me, describes how BIG our God is.  The message also talked about our priorities and where God fits into them.  I know personally that by putting God first all things will happen and with reality kicking in soon I need to revisit my priorities again.  Checking off another list of mine.  The message from the evening service talks about the story of Zacchaeus and how he climbed the sycamore tree to see Jesus walking through the crowd.  What spoke to me in this scripture is that like Zacchaeus we want to see Jesus but at times we need to climb above our crowds so we can see clearly, think clearly, pray clearly.  I need to move, I need to climb before I can get closer to Jesus in my life.

Powerful messages that will help me face this week's challenges.  My dad has not been well and I feel for him because he wants to do more and is very frustrated.  I walked in after the evening service to find my dad on the couch and a quick glimpse of him made me realise how old he really is.  :(

I think tonight I will try to have an early night.  I hope that everyone is all nice and snug and ready for a new week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment