Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 70 - I am on the road again....

I drove today for the first time since I fell ill.  I did okay.  I also hadn't taken my medication this morning.  My body was really tired today.  I really need to ease back into things.  I almost feel panicky that I will be starting work soon and that my routine will kick into hectic mode.

My check up today was fine.  I can't wait to get this picc line out of my arm! I feel like my movements are restricted like an elderly person with a walking stick!  Right now I'm propped up in bed with my antibiotics strapped to my abdomen.  When I go to sleep at night I unstrap my 80s bum bag so that I can sleep comfortably.  But when the ladies room calls in the middle of the night, half asleep I get up from bed and the bottle (of antibiotics) drops to the floor almost ripping the line off my up that is taped to my arm.  Hair being ripped off my bare shoulder I manage to make it to the ladies room.

I"m looking forward to seeing my cousin tomorrow.  It will be nice to have her around.  I have been very blessed to have support from family and friends during this time and that their support has seen me return to reality.  After having done practically nothing these past 2 months, I'm a little overwhelmed at how busy my life actually is.  As a family we already have a lot to do in the next couple of weeks.  I am looking forward to our holiday at the end of the year already :).

I am looking forward to getting on with life but I think most importantly I need to take my focus off "reality" and focus on God.  I talk about my faith bringing me through this illness.  I am not out of the woods yet.  I need to keep believing and climb my "sycamore tree" to see the blessings that will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment