Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 67 & 68 - Busy busy & Date night

I have been very naughty these last couple of days.  Really putting a strain on my body!  We've been doing a really good clean up of the house.  Well I started cleaning our rumpus room and went to grab something from the workshop and ended up cleaning that too!  Argh! For the past two days my name has been changed to "Monica".  I even rearranged my girls room in half an hour!  I'm on a roll but at the moment I just can't seem to keep still.

My mum has been awesome doing so much for us this past week.  Dan will most definitely miss her cooking and my girls will miss her a lot.  I will just miss my mum.  Though I may not have shown it, I really do appreciate all that she has done for me and my family even though her body is not in its best form.  She still gave us 110% every day.  Bless my mum for her heart of service!!!  Never fails to give me household tips in between doing everything :)  so now it's just my dad :)  He's not too well either and I'm sure he feels bad when I'm doing a lot more than I should.  But it's not to give him hints that I want him to do things, I just can't keep still and I need to change things.  You'd think I'd spend my time working on my assignment due next week!!  My dad has spent most of his time telling me to stop what I'm doing and rest.  We've done so much that I feel now I can relax.  Yeah well we'll see for how long.

I'm looking forward to my cousin coming down.  It's been some time since I last saw her but I'm so thankful that she is sacrificing her time to help me and my family out.  She is such a blessing and is one of those people in your life that despite not having seen each other or talked to each other for a long time, when you do meet it's as though you were never apart. :)

Dan and I managed to get some time together.  We reminisced about our first date.  We can  still remember the restaurant, the movie, what we had for dessert :)  We laughed about the things we would do to impress each other.  It's amazing how blind your love is when you are dating.  Being married definitely takes your relationship to the next level.  It's interesting when a couple dating for so many years think they could know so much about each other and think that marriage would not be any different.  I think this is true to an extent.  Calling something "mine" for so long and then changing it to "ours" requires some preparation on a psychological level, I think.  A marriage bears all flaws.  In a courtship there is always a risk that someone would leave the relationship.  I suppose that is also true about marriages but if marriages are believed to be forever then there would be no risk.  Sometimes I think that for a marriage to work you would need endurance and commitment.  I can drop so many things that are very important in a marriage but there is no one way of making things work.  What may work for one couple may not necessarily work for another.  In a couple of years Dan and I will have been married for ten years.  It's amazing how far we have come.  God has definitely been the centre of this marriage and I am so thankful for the life I have lead and will continue to live in this marriage.

Tonight was our date night.  I sometimes think it's funny that for a married couple a date night is sometimes a movie, dinner, or hanging out with friends.  Sometimes our date nights are restricted to a small window of time before the children start to miss you or that you need an early night because you have to get ready for work and the kids for school.  When Dan and I have date night, it's hard to think of things to do outside of the dinner or a movie.  Before we had our girls, we used to take turns coming up with something to do.  On some nights we would play board games.  I think that's when our we started our collection of board games.  Other nights would be a DVD, or we'd play a sport together.  Most of these date nights were done at home.  But now that we have children, we'd prefer our date nights to be away from home :).  That is, if we had the energy after being with our girls to go out.  I hope for those of you who have children, that you really get some time to be with your partner.  Because we need a bit of attention ourselves, just as our children demand it of us.  Being a parent is such a selfless thing and it is amazing that from the moment you realise that you are becoming a parent, how quickly your world becomes theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment