Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 73 - 75: So tired...

The last couple of days I haven't taken any pain relief.  My doc had forgotten to complete extra paperwork when he had written my prescription for the morphine based medication.  I had to go back to the hospital to pick up the extra paperwork.  I left before collecting it.  Was tired of waiting! So over all the pills! I now have another month of oral meds!  I don't feel like I need the stronger meds anymore for the pain which is good.  I can now deal with voltaren and panadol.

My gorgeous cousin left yesterday!  This trip has helped me so much.  Not just around the house but to fill the void of being without my family for so long.  The companionship was something I had yearned for for a long time.  I am blessed that we were given an opportunity to catch up.  My girls have absolutely enjoyed their time with their aunty.

My dad is still here and has been a Superman!!!  He has helped us renovate our place while still unwell.  With the news of one of my brothers heading overseas with his family my dad will be leaving us soon.  It is a cold and windy night in Wellington and our blimmin' gas heater is not working in the lounge.  So we have a sickly five-fin oil heater making some attempt to heat up our lounge. Almost feels like the story of the little train that could!

I feel so tired, and now feel a cold coming on.  I still have school work to complete! I think I am ready to return to work gradually this week. Everyone seems surprised when I tell them.  So maybe I'm thinking too far ahead.  My drama yesterday was that I fell asleep on the way home from the airport!!!  I was tempted to pulling off the motorway for a snooze but in my mind I wanted to get home because I was with my girls.  Five minutes away from home I definitely fell asleep and had drifted into the opposite lane towards oncoming traffic.  I managed to swerve and miss a car before readjusting myself.  My eldest, poor darling, was talking to me throughout the trip to keep me awake.  I had been out for too long to be driving so for now I can only handle short trips.

It's almost mid august and there is still so much to do.  I know that I am out of the woods now so need to regain my energy! I have been so blessed and thankful for all of my family and friends for being around to help us.  I hope that an opportunity will arise that me and my family can support them all in the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment