Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 91 & 92: Feeling stronger but still uncomfortable...

So I've completed working a week and I feel okay but later at night I feel exhausted, especially tonight.  I had to make a decision to put my studies on hold this semester to focus on returning to work.  To add to things we're in the middle of selling our house.  I pray that it is God's will to do what we are doing at the moment.  Dan and our girls will head off to Aussie soon for 5 days.  As much as I will miss them, I am excited because it will give me a chance to do more around the house.  She says after explaining that she is especially exhausted tonight!

I have a couple of appointments scheduled for next month.  I wonder whether I will have another scan.  I do not feel the pain that I had two months ago but I do feel very uncomfortable.  Unsettling even.  I feel stronger and my body is handling driving about town much better.

My girls are in bed at the moment, and Dan's preparing their lunches while watching his show of the moment "The Big Bang Theory".  I just sat through an episode and thought it was absolutely hilarious (I say sarcastically) :P.

I don't know what it is but being apart from my family especially Dan has really made me think about my relationship with them.  Perhaps it was the passing of my uncle and seeing my aunty saying her last goodbye made me think about Dan.  I can't imagine living my life without him.  Our time on this earth is short.  We think about 60, 70 years being a long time to live but it isn't really.  I am 32 now, it won't be long before I reach 40.  My girls will be 16 and 14 by that time.  God has given me so much that I never imagined I would  or could have and yet in His goodness there are things that I believe I need to make right.  Favours that people have done for me in the past.  I think about these things, about opportunities to return the favour.  It is interesting how different our perspectives are of the relationships that we keep in our lives.  One relationship I had with someone I was best friends with in school quickly showed me how people can grow apart.  That situation helped me to understand that how I feel about a relationship isn't necessarily how that person feels about it.  I hope that an opportunity may come along in this lifetime to repay the favour that others have done for me.

"Quality not quantity" is something that rings true to a lot of things....argh! difficult to write something meaningful when I can hear characters of "The Big Bang Theory" singing a tune to a cat!!!!!!!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment