Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 76 & 77 - Bye Dad :'(

These last couple of days has been a mad rush to get as much done while my Dad was here. :(  My body is so strained but now that we have plans for a new place things are getting a little busier.  Sheesh :) but exciting!  My dad left today.  It was sad to see him go.  My dad is so old.  In his early 60s and he did so much around the house for us.  I love sitting up in bed staring at the newly painted walls.  My DIY disaster is finally fixed in my girls room and the lounge :)  I'll upload some pics soon.  My heart is filled with Thanks to my dad for the great work he has done to help us and to my mum that even in their ill-health they sacrificed their time to help me and my family.  The love of our parents never fails.

I'll be heading into work for my first day back.  Well partial day back.  I'm a little nervous.  I really can't handle driving long distances now.  Not that work is a long trip away but I'm certain it will be a struggle after a long day at work.  I'll be staying at work 'til probably around lunch time and then shoot home for some rest and finish my assignment!!!  With things getting busier at home I have neglected my school work.  No doubt my body will pay for this but there are a few things going on now that life definitely is heading back to normalcy.

Right now I'm propped up in bed about to do some reading but wanted to blog in.  My feet and back are aching and our room is a little nippy thanks to our gas heating still out of action but thank goodness for electric blankets and massive power bills!  My girls are out for the night all cosy and my sister-in-law is meant to be doing her school but occupying herself with one of our many DVDs.  Hmmm school night? maybe not :)  Dan has been watching "The Big Bang Theory" episodes lately and I have not heard him laugh so much.  Something about the geek speech amuses him.  He will be staying home tomorrow to make sure that I'm doing okay for my first morning getting the girls to school and then off to work.  Dan's just turned the lights off and I was supposed to do some reading..hellooo :)

My brother and his family head overseas this week for a number of years.  Good for them.  The hardest thing will be for them to be apart from everyone else.  Though in saying that my brother has spent a lot of time away from his family due to his work commitments so this will give him and his family a chance to be together as a family.  Messaging with another cousin of mine living in Asia, she described how she misses her family dearly. It's difficult to live apart from those whom we love.  There are so many birthdays, anniversaries, dinners, lunches etc that we miss out on living away from home.  I have lived away from home for nearly ten years and though I am still in the same country our get togethers are few and far between.  Having my family with me these past weeks has made me think more about my girls and husband and their relationships with my family (immediate and wider).  I talked about in an earlier blog about one having the responsibility to ensure those relationships between families happen.  I have not been encouraging the reunion as much as I should.  When my dad left tonight, my girls asked whether they could go to Auckland.  I think we will try to make a trip this year to see everyone.

God has never failed me though I have done so, many times.  Though He is never far from my mind and my heart.  I am thankful for the life that I lead and the life that I am yet to live.  Because I know and still believe in that promise I made in July 2001 that if my move away from home was part of His plan then I will promise to serve Him until my last breathe!  The life that I live is not mine but His alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment