Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 71 & 72 - Good news...

I have been so tired these last couple of days and pushing my body to beyond its current limits.  My gorgeous cousin is here and has been a huge help! I will miss her dearly!

Yesterday I had my MRI scan which took over an hour.  I am glad that I won't have those again for a while!  I am feeling okay but am definitely feel strained.  My medication had run out so was a little anxious to see my doc at the hospital to get a new prescription.

My appointment with my doctor went well today.  I had my picc line taken out! Hallelujah I am no longer carrying my 80s bum bag!  I now have another month of oral medication as well as the pain relief.  The doc says that I am okay to return to work (and the gym!) gradually.  Just feeling the strain on my body with the little medication I have had these last couple of days I believe it when he says to take it easy!  The doc reviewed my scan and is happy that there have been positive changes.  Two bones in my spine where the infection is has fused together which was expected but overall it is good news.  I am happy with that! God is so good to me!!!! I feel happy and relieved.  It felt like such a milestone to see the picc line out.  My life is about to head back on track!!!

We've been making some changes to our house lately, and with my dad in town my DIY attempts are finally getting fixed/tidied up!  My dad and I have had many heated arguments in the aisles of the Warehouse and Bunnings :P  I am so grateful for what he is doing!  One of my DIY blunders has finally been fixed after two years! :)  All it needs now is a lick of fresh paint and we're good to go.  We've had one of the boys from youth help my dad out.  Such a blessing he is.  He is young and getting his life straight.  To distract him from doing things/hanging with those that will get him into trouble he has offered to help out my dad and has been enjoying it.  This kid has a good head on his shoulders and I believe that God has a great plan for him because he is making the right choices to set his path straight!

My beautiful cousin has done so much with taking care of me and my family.  Right now she is reading a bedtime story to my girls.  She has also baked us an apple pie and tonight a lemon meringue pie (with some direction of course).  So great to have my "sister" in town.

I always knew that I will be healed, this was definitely a journey for me to slow down and consider things that really matter in my life.  With heading back to work possibly next week I also have my school work to complete.  First assignment is due this week.  I will be working very hard over the weekend.  Oh joy :).

Through this experience I have felt and still feel so blessed that God has given me and my family an opportunity to spend time with my family in particular.  My girls have had a good dose of my family these past 5 - 6 weeks.  One of my aunty's suggested I move back home with my family :).  It's very difficult to be away from one's family.  I'm glad that Dan understands how difficult it is for me.  I have accepted that we live apart but can feel sad on special occasions.  I am so grateful for the time I have had with my family.  For this I know that God understands my needs and will provide in His time!

Thank you God for healing me!

No comments:

Post a Comment