Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 78, 79, 80 - :'(

I started back at work on Wednesday.  It was great to see everyone.  Morning tea was great :)
I had a one-on-one with my management and was relieved to know that I would only be working part-time.  I thought I would be increasing my hours to full-time.  Originally I was working part-time so that I could finish my studies and pick up my girls from school as there was no after school programme.  Praise God for He knows our plans before we realise them.  The part-time situation works better for my family and thankfully works better at work also!!! :)  I was pleased at the end of that day.  My day ended at lunchtime.  I had come to realise that in my role I do sit alot.  I suppose I'll be making a lot of appointments to visit managers to give my back a bit of a break.

Thursday's work followed in the same way.  Working the mornings I only had time to clear 2 months worth of emails.  I think I killed a few trees in the process having to print off my emails to sort out.  I could only work until midday again, I felt so uncomfortable.  But my day was good and again great to be at work.

Later in the day I received some bad news that my uncle (my Godfather) passed away.  As you do, memories of my uncle came to mind.  My cousin (who is the only girl of 3 also) and I would always joke about always knowing where in the house my uncle would be and what he would be doing.  Sitting at the table with his little radio, his T.A.B (race-betting) booklet, and back in the day his cigarettes.  Growing up, when I would stay over every time the phone would ring my uncle would always call for me to answer the phone.  That never failed!  Even in my old age, married with children as soon as my uncle knew that I was over and the phone would ring you can guarantee that he would call for me to answer the phone.  Like I was some kind of mobile phone operating service :).  Oh I love my uncle.  He reminds of "The two Ronnies", the shorter one. :)

It is always a sad thing when someone we love leaves us but I am so blessed for the opportunity to know my uncle.  Family services and Funerals truly are a celebration of the life our loved ones have led and an opportunity for those to say goodbye.  I pray for God's strength to be with us during this time.

Just the thought of losing someone so close reminds me that I need to keep myself in check.  We may never know the time that we are called.  Each day lived should be better than the last.  Have I lived the life that I have been called to live?  Have I truly redeemed myself of all the mistakes that I have made?

Taking everything a day at a time is all that we can do and to live those days as though it were our last.

No comments:

Post a Comment