Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 66 - A sense of accomplishment...

I slept until my nurse arrived.  Usual check was okay.  I heard my dad coughing through the night.  My parents have been so awesome this week.  They are not well themselves and they're doing the best they can to help us.  Today I felt tired of sitting around and "resting" so I tidied the rumpus room and our workshop in the garage.  I could hear my dad calling out to me between coughs to stop what I was doing and get some rest.  But I just felt like getting up and doing something.  I knew in the back of my mind that I was going to feel really tired or that the strain on my back would worsen but I just felt like I needed to feel like I've accomplished something.

I am a task-oriented person.  I like to make lists and check things off.  In the two months I have been at home I have done a number of things to straighten out my house and I feel great.  Though it will be another week before I have the energy to do something else.  When it comes to reorganising things you ask my little sister, she will tell you that I rearrange the furniture in my house almost every month.  I can't help it really.  Even my girls notice when they get home.  "Whoa mum, our room looks cool.  Why did you change it?".  Ha! I started writing this at 3pm without a thought in mind coming close to actually rearranging my girls room and what do you know at 8pm Mira said "Whoa mum, our room looks cool!" :)  They were so excited sleeping in what they thought was their new room :)

I'm now in bed feeling relaxed because I feel like I've actually achieved something today having reorganised two rooms and started on the third.  I shouldn't really do so much but sitting at home is driving me slightly bonkers.  I am looking forward to work but am a little apprehensive at the same time. But I am keen to get back to reality.

I feel sorry for my parents doing so much and they are not well.  I think I've made them feel bad with doing so much.  They both kept telling me to stop cleaning because I may make myself feel worse.  They were right but today I just had such determination to get things done.  I think I am slowly getting back to my usual busy self.  Thinking about it right now, I'm a little worried about how busy I do get.  Perhaps I need to prioritise things....I'll start with making a LIST :)

I spent some time with my eldest today to talk about how she feels about things going on in our family.  Interesting the sorts of things a child shares with their parents.  I pray that the transparency in our relationship continues.  I'm glad that she feels that she is happy with how things are going. :)

ha! in saying that when Dan and I get quite heated in our discussion we used to let our emotions take control of the situation.  So there were a lot of door slamming and yelling going on.  But over time we've learnt to resolve the situation by removing our emotion and communicating things more specifically and most of all having patience and discernment.  Life is so much easier when you're able to sort out the arguments that is worth putting energy into etc.  I love my husband.  He is so good to me.  In cleaning the spare room I came across our old year books :) Something for us to reminisce about sometime :)

Today has been a good day.  My family are happy.  Tonight my girls prayed for protection and for God's healing to cover our family.  I pray that you are all in good health also.

No comments:

Post a Comment