Thursday, October 6, 2011

Commitment and Flexibility....

So I'm here!  Made it to my local library.  Wow it hasn't changed much in the last 15 years since I was here.  The librarian is still the same too :)....Big plus is that internet access if FREE ;)

So I'm finding that before I board a plane at the airport I am always buying new books :)  So my latest purchase is "Who moved my Cheese?" by Dr. Spencer Johnson.  I had heard about this book through work colleagues but never really took an interest in it until I came across at the book store.  I haven't read through the entire book just yet but I am already captivated by its simple parable of how a mouse finds its cheese to illustrate how being flexible in your plans allows one to still get its "cheese", it just may not be in the timeframe originally thought out :)

I think it was the perfect book to purchase given my goals for this two week holiday.  Making my way to the library (though today I didn't walk here, having just returned from saying goodbye to my brother at the airport), has put some action to my commitment of exercising and blogging while I'm here.

Commitment in any shape or form is always a challenge.  I am a big planner and lists person.  I plan so much that I sometimes don't fulfil what I am planning.  It's exhausting writing lists you know :), it can also be a time-waster when there is no follow-through :p.  So my challenge these two weeks is to commit to what I have set out to do. 

I am excited about the coming days and what my spirit will learn on this journey.  If I can make one of the biggest commitments in my life to leave home for God and follow-through with it, then these two weeks should be a breeze!  I'm so much more conscious of what I'm doing while I'm here and yet I am not taking on the stresses of thinking too much about things.  I am enjoying every moment here.

I had a good talk with my father, where normally it would get quite heated but I am learning that a word said quietly is more effective than one shouted from across the room :)  I am loving where my relationship is at with my parents.  In my eyes and in my mind, it was never really a stable one but then again...that's just it ...it was my perspective.  I am thankful for this journey as it helps me to really take a step back...to be patient and to be loving.

So I am keen to hit the pavement tomorrow to make it back to the library to blog some more.  More on commitment and flexibility tomorrow I think. 

Loving life, Loving Him....LOVING ME!!! xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment