Sunday, October 2, 2011

How do I give without expecting anything back?

I have had such an awesome start to my day this morning.  My spirit woke up bright and early this morning, ready to lead our church into Sunday School.  I had such fun.  The message during Sunday school was awesome and one of my favourite parables in the bible - "The Sower" (Matthew 13).  The scripture describes the kind of people that listen to God's Word in their life and what they do with it.  We know that good soil produces strong healthy plants.  But with that comes a lot of hard work to prune the plants, water and give it enough sunlight.  But the rewards that come from that hard work and good soil is a field full of crops!!  All the hard work that I will put into improving my temple, my family life and my every day life begins with preparing myself for the seeds of encouragement to be planted in my heart!  What an awesome message and told simply in Jesus' parables.  I love the fact that something as old as the bible where one would expect to read in old English you'd find such contemporary and very relevant ideals.  Awesome!  Our God is not too big for us to understand!

I've been thinking lately about some relationships in my life where I feel a little neglected or that I have neglected others.  In service today, I contemplated about those relationships and what I'm doing right or wrong.  I felt at peace understanding that relationships are a lot of hard work but I shouldn't feel that my giving should be dictated by how much I receive. Why should I limit the love I can show to others when I don't see that same love reflected back.  Jesus showed his love for others without ever once asking for anything back but believing in who He is.  My heart at times feels burdened when I feel that a relationship is one-sided.  I sometimes think silence kills me slowly when I wait on a text, a call, an email.  Something to let me know that they are thinking about me to.  But this morning's service I felt at peace and reminded to keep giving.  Keep showing my unconditional love.  Demonstrate to others the love that Jesus has for everyone.  I will try not to allow the excuse of "being human" to limit what GREATNESS within me.  How awesome it is to be reminded that I have a GREATNESS within my heart.  Immediately I feel proud, I feel like I have purpose.  I feel like I can do all things!

Only a couple of days before I head back to Auckland and I'm excited! I can't wait to see my family.  I can't wait to have some one-on-one time with my brother.  I can't wait to celebrate my youngest' birthday with my family.  I can't wait to exercise my lifestyle in a place where I felt very intimidated (Auckland).  I used to dread going back home thinking argh! I don't want to run into anyone.  Flash backs from school days enter my mind.   But now I feel really different.  I feel more like......."run into me"....and I'll show you the GREATNESS WITHIN!...:)  Going back home helps me to stay alert in the way I have chosen to live my life.  

I am really enjoying this journey in my life.  I feel that it is a permanent change.  I feel like the good soil and God's seed planted in my heart to live out His purpose in my life.  I feel really joyful in the Lord right now.  I wonder when it was the last time others felt joyful in the Lord? Do they dread going to church because it reminds them more of the sin they are committing and makes them feel guilty so they avoid going to church anyway?  Church is a joyful place if you make it.  Only YOU limit the experiences you have in this life.  Try out a church.  Expect something to be shared with you.  Expect a message that will change your life.  It is not for someone else to change your life for you, but only for YOU and GOD!

How do I give without expecting anything back?  Easy.....DON'T EXPECT ANYTHING!....JUST GIVE :) xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment