Monday, October 10, 2011

Giving your best or your leftovers...

Today has been a day of cleaning after the weekend's awesome celebration of my youngest daughter's birthday.  So blessed to be surrounded by family.  Throughout this weekend I kept checking in with my girls if they were having a good time and whether they got to meet everyone.  They had a fabulous time!!  and so did I :)

I like the encouragement on Joyce Meyer's facebook page today that says "Does your family get priority time or just the scraps you have left after you have given your best to the rest of the world?".  One of the things I wanted to work on while I'm on holiday is to spend some quality time with my girls.  To be more conscious of how I spend my time.  To SPEAK to my girls with love and not BELT OUT commands to them.  I love that at the moment I can sincerely say that my priority is my family and ME! 

This statement is TRUE to the testament that I had given my best to God and to everyone else before my family.  My behaviour towards my girls and vice versa was reflective of the scraps that I was giving them.  I meet up with so many of my family and friends and I always get the same thing said to me..."You're so busy!"  You know in honesty I cringe at hearing that because I really don't think that I am that busy.  I once said (or I blogged) that I've come to realise that I don't think I deserved to rest.  Like I needed to prove something, so I am/was always doing things.  Always keeping myself busy.  I understand now that I am worthy of rest because through rest I can reflect and refresh on my path, my goals to achieve.  I am in a different head space now where I really feel that this time will return great numbers in goals achieved for God, my family and for MYSELF!!!

It is important for me to be aware, to be mindful of how my time is spent.  Even now as I type this I can think of one way that my time is wasted but reminding yself to not keep still, to keep moving will help me to stick with my healthy goals.  My husband returns home tomorrow and it may be 10 days before I see him again, so my mini-goal is to work hard, train hard, be spiritually fed before I see him again :)

I haven't said it enough, and I think I deserve to....I am really loving my life right now.  Enjoying my time with my family.  I am re-thinking my path, and though my goals have moved in timeframe....I know and BELIEVE I will still achieve them.

The old me gave my best to everyone else...the new me gives my best to God and to my family ...to everyone else I will do the best that I can....


xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment