Saturday, October 29, 2011

I'm saying....YES...

Over the next month I'm going to say YES to anything active...to EXERCISE.  If someone asks me to play touch, play tennis, hit the gym....my answer will be YES.  Keeping myself honest and committing to this journey I am not going to have a second thought about whether to join someone or to get up and do some exercise.  Doing this for 21 days straight will create a habit :)

This morning my husband asked me whether I would need the car to head out and visit my cousin...I said that I would walk.  I got a message from a relative inviting me to join her for the pump class at the local gym.  I said YES.  :)

Pump class was good.  A strain.  But it was good.  I managed to score a free 2 week pass to the gym.  So my aim is to hit the gym for an hour at least...THAT'S AT LEAST 3 times a week.

I'm feeling good at the moment.  It helps to talk to people about my journey as it helps me to stay true to why I'm doing this in the first place.  I was washing the dishes today and thinking that I am thankful for this time as it is the first time in seven years that I can really be a "mum" without other distractions.  I am learning to humble myself especially when it comes to my dealings with my girls.  Communicating effectively and honestly with my girls and my husband is reflecting the person that I really want to be.

Not long ago I thought I was losing that person that was learning to love herself.  But I found her again.  As soon as she stepped out of the door and went for a walk.  I don't need anything when I do so.  I don't need the latest pair of runners, the trendiest of outfits.  Just my MP3.  Music to help keep my feet going.

I've pretty much worked through all the rooms in the house.  Still have more rooms to clean.  Just as I focus on parts of my life.  There is still more to improve on.  Heading into my Father's house tomorrow, I look forward to the encouragement that awaits me tomorrow.

Life is still good to me. xxx

1 comment:

  1. love the whole just being a mum thing sis ... i'm going to attempt that next year lol ... i really understand the whole zone of so many things competing for your time - I feel in a way my son has been cheated out of time with his mum whilst building a business, trying to get homeschooling up and running and organising a wedding ... however, I know God has got us covered, that in the areas I am lacking, my God is allowing me grace and time to get to where He has predestined me to be - as a mum, businesswomen, soon-to-be-wife ... and most of all - daugther of the MOST HIGH ... love you sis xxx

    ReplyDelete