Monday, October 3, 2011

DREAMS, OPPORTUNITIES...Can you see them?

I am really loving my life right now.  I could never really say that before because I never thought of myself worthy of the time of day.  Always doing more for others and yet neglecting the one thing that helps me to do all things physically - ME!

I have had to make a decision to put my study on hold this semester.  I wasn't giving my study the time needed to warrant a really good mark.  I don't feel bad about it really.  My focus right now is to improve this temporary temple so that I can do so much more with it, for God, my husband, my girls and my family/friends.  The weather sucks lemons at the moment, but I feel blessed all the same.  In my heart the sun is shining brighter than it did the day before.

I am preparing for a photo shoot tonight for a very special young lady.  I am excited about what will become of it and in saying so I can feel my creative juices surging through my veins :).  Okay that was dramatic, but I feel really excited and really in the flow of my creativity.  In that creative space I have also received a lot of feedback from people about turning this blog into a book, and the great news is I found a publisher :).  So watch this space.  Something else off my bucket list :)

If you were to tell me back in school that I would one day be a "blogger", a photographer, a preacher....I would've said...."whoa!...that's cool" ha!.  When you stay within the confinements of your surroundings you may never see your dreams fulfilled or see the opportunities that come your way.  I truly believe that it was in my path to leave home and move to another city to truly find myself.  Despite that it has taken 11 years, my journey is not complete and will not be completed until He calls me to heaven and says to me "Well done Child!"  That is motivating in itself.  To finally hear the words from my Father that I have made him proud.  We yearn so much to please our families, our friends but there is only One that we need to please.  Absolutely loving my life right now.

I walked around my house this morning, getting my girls ready for school and I look around and see so much mess and I feel okay about it.  I confess I am very much a "Monica" (character on "Friends" obsessed with cleanliness) but I finally feel okay to not have my house clinically clean. :)  There is time to clean, there is time to spend with family, there is time to take care of me.  Now that I'm into my 2nd month on leave, I am really enjoying this time to explore other opportunities that have presented itself.  Will see what happens :)

There are only a few things that I am certain about in my life - my love for my God, my belief in Jesus, my husband, my girls, but the one thing that I am absolutely certain on is MY DECISION TO LEAVE HOME FOR GOD, was one that changed my life forever!  I hope that others can feel this certain about the decisions they make in their lives too!

Loving my life, loving my family, loving Him xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment