Saturday, October 8, 2011

Realising what you have is GOOD...

Today has got to be one of the best days I have ever had in a long time.  Despite the event being a celebration of my daughter's 5th birthday, it was special to share this day with my extended family.  It was a small and intimate affair which I am finding are the best parties to have.  Surrounded by family that my girls have come to love as I do meant a lot to me.

There were times during the day where I reflected on how far I have come and in sharing this day with them helped me to appreciate more so the importance of family and the importance of showing your appreciation for them.  I loved seeing my girls enjoying their family's company.  It was great to be in an environment to just feel at ease.  There was no sense of feeling self conscious about how you looked, how your family looked and "keeping up appearances".  There was no formality to today's event.  Just some good grub and good company.  I love that my family (even adults) can just hang out and play around like we were kids again.

The celebrations will continue tomorrow with the rest of my extended family that are available to attend.  I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow and seeing my girls get to know them all.  It was said not having my other brother and his family with us, but my spirit is no longer burdened with always missing out on being together.  I look forward to the next time we meet again.

This journey is helping me to reflect on things in my life a lot clearer.  I had always read other people's status lines on facebook about how much they are loving life.  I used to think "yeah right!", and never really able to say it myself.  But today in the middle of my third week of my journey, I am truly loving life.  I am choosing the moments to LIVE!, I am making decisions that will ADD VALUE to my life.  I am clearer about things that DO NOT ADD VALUE to my life. 

Joyce Meyer once said in her status lines "God wants us to find joy in Him.  It's amazing what happens when we learn to trust God."  I've found that the truth in that statement is...SIMPLICITY.  We make what can be a beautiful life so difficult to achieve, and yet it can be really SIMPLE.  We complicate things by overthinking situations.  There really is joy in living a good and clean life.  Clean in conscious, clean in spirit and clean in body.  Once you are able to discern what can be simple....you will feel so much freedom in the decisions you make and be satisfied with the outcome.  I think in believing how simple my life can be, my love for me grows each day.  I am realising that what I have in my life ...is GOOD. :)

I am in a good place right now and working to keep it that way.  Tomorrow is a new day....I can't wait to see what it brings :) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment