Thursday, October 20, 2011

Honesty really is the Best Policy...

I'm now into my 5th week of making REAL changes in my life and I'm feeling really good about myself.
I've just returned from an awesome two week holiday in Auckland with my family.  Having my girls get to know my family has been a real blessing.  My father and mother's side came together for family lunch.  I can't remember the last time they were altogether :)

I headed this post as such because I'm reminding myself to be completely honest with what it is I'm going through.  The journey I'm on right now goes deeper than the kg's I need to lose.  I posted some time ago that I feel like I'm finally giving myself a chance to make a change.  Loving myself to give it a try.  My mind is still focussed on that.  I just had a conversation with my husband about my progress.  Despite the kg's lost not being as much as I would've liked, it doesn't matter.  Losing weight is one part of this journey.  I've made real progress in other areas such as my relationship with my girls and changes with the INNER ME.  So I am happy :)

Tonight's bible study talked about hypocrisy (Luke 12: 1 - 13).  This prompted tonight's post.  I am thankful that with all that I do I am trying my best to be completely honest with myself and with others.  My intent is always to improve relationships and accepting where through my honesty some relationships may run its course.  There have been situations where I find myself confiding in someone or someone confiding in me that I am fully aware that whatever I say I need to be prepared to say publicly (if and when appropriate).  As the scripture says "What you have said in the dark, will be heard in the daylight" NIV.  Now that would be one of the worst feelings to have to confront or be confronted publicly about something you've said to be caught out.  Honesty is the best policy.

The scripture goes on further to encourage you not to be afraid of what people will do to your body but to fear God for what He can do is throw you into hell.  I reflected on this and was reminded that spiritual death is far worse than physical death.  As humans we are very visual.  To see someone lose a limb or lose their lives is absolutely devastating to us but then it is only temporary.  Our time here on earth is temporary.  Our "temples" are a temporary house for the GREATNESS that lies within you.  That is the Spirit of God that dwells within your heart.  Living a life that you are not called to live brings about consequences not only physically but spiritually.  I was reminded that my body can die but my spirit remains ALIVE.  When my spirit dies, my body will too.

Keeping myself honest in this journey helps my spirit to remain filled with joy, faith and in love with myself, my husband and my family.

It's good to be home.... :) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment