Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 18 - Back to the hospital we go!

Friday 11 June 2010
Didn’t have a good sleep at home.  Went to my doctor’s appointment at 11am and saw Dr. Matthew Shaw.  Funny storywhile waiting for the doctor’s.  A woman walks in with her daughter and speaks to the receptionist in distress explaining that her daughter needs to see the doctor urgently because her daughter is not eating, not smiling because she burnt her mouth.  The receptionist replies that the mother was advised that she cannot see the doctor because her daughter does not have a medical history at the doctor’s and will need to register her child.  The mother then carries on crying and asks to use the phone because her cellphones were stolen from her brother’s car.

Admitted to hospital for overnight at 1.30pm.  Scheduled for a CT scan tomorrow.  FINALLY!  Moved into a ward that Dad was in 2 weeks prior.  Weird! J  My roomies were two elderly women and an elderly man who later was transferred out and Frank Waiata transferred in.

Had an MRI scan.  My back was sore.  I tried not to think about how closed the space was within the scanner.  I requested some soft music.  That wasn’t a good idea because it made me think more about the pain in my back and the closed space.  I was inside for about 40 mins.  Thankfully I got out before I started to panic.

I didn’t have a good sleep.  Dan got some DVDs which I never got to sleep.  It took a lot of morphine to settle the pain before I could actually get some sleep.  Through the night I could hear one of my roomies calling out to the nurse “toilet! Toilet!”  I don’t think she could reach for her button so Dan pushed the button for her.  That happened a couple of nights in a row.  Another patient elsewhere in the ward was screaming for God knows what but it sounded like she didn’t want they medic staff were giving her.  Freaky.

No comments:

Post a Comment