Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 58 - Project Driveway almost complete

My brother is doing so well.  I am definitely getting the most out of my "chauffeur" during this trip.  And I have not heard one peep from him but only where I need to go.  I love my brother so much and am so thankful for the help he is giving me and my family.  Watching him today work our driveway I felt very grateful.  I commended my brother on the good work he has done so far and he described it as "your driveway is like a canvas, and the water-blaster is like....the smallest paint brush that you can find.  It's pretty hard work" :) always the comedian.

We've just returned from dinner and I made the mistake of ordering extra entrees instead of mains and now I feel icky.

Today has been okay.  A little annoyed that I was double booked at the nurse's clinic at the hospital so I had to wait.  I talked about one of my preferred love languages being service and that is totally what my brother, my family has done for me and my family during this time.  Because my appointment took so long I arrived late to a Pastor's meeting to present a proposal for some development workshops our church is wanting to run some time.

I managed to get a few hours sleep today.  I am feeling better but need to catch up on some sleep.  I think I can do without the pain relief though the medication still takes a lot out of my body.

Today I thought about how great God is to listen to my needs.  I have always wanted more time with my family and he has blessed me these opportunities for my family to be here with me.  My body is healing slowly but surely.  My family are all well. We have so much to be thankful for and I praise God for this life that I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment