Sunday, July 4, 2010

Day 41 - It's Sunday!

I'm feeling much better today.  Dan and our girls are ready to head off to church.  Bethany (my eldest) has been practising her prayer to open Sunday School.  Interesting, in the past we had taught her the prayer in english mainly due to our laziness to teach her a prayer in samoan because we've left it so late in the week.  This year Bethany has been chosen twice to say the prayer.  Today being her second time.  On both occasions she asks us to teach her in samoan.  She says that she recognises that all the other kids say their prayer in samoan and she's the only one that says it different (in english).  So from now on she wants to learn the prayer in samoan. Bethany is 6yo.

What a challenge for me to improve my samoan!  Even my youngest Zemira thinks I'm english because I only speak english at home.  Dan asked her .."what about you?" " I'm enga-lish, like mummy" "and what about daddy?" "Your samoa!" Zemira is 3yo.

I suppose it was inevitable that they would understand that mummy cannot speak samoan.  A challenge that my girls have laid before me.

My body is feeling okay.  I am aching a bit but not from my back pain.  I think its more from the bed I sleep on. I don't have the headache.  I don't feel drowsy and nauseous.  I didn't eat much yesterday and I don't feel like eating much this morning either.  But I must.  I hope I don't feel sick again.

It's a beautiful day again here in Wellington.  Most of you are getting ready to head off to church this morning.
I hope you enjoy your mass / services or spending time with your families.

Bless you all...and I'll blog later.

Oh I have added some comments that I have received via facebook from some family and friends.  Some of which I would like to share with you (I hope they don't mind :) ).  These messages were pulling on my heart strings and I hope they do the same for you.  God bless.

6 comments:

  1. Anthony Lee July 3 at 11:08pm
    Hey suga,

    Finsh reading your blog...what do you mean I was trying to hold my tears back...add your blog to my favorites.hehehe!

    You are truely an inspiraring strong samoan women and its truely an honour to know you Ivy.

    Your story is very inspirational both in faith and in life, and I hope to learn from your example to better myself as a son, a brother, a partner, a friend and as a person.

    I pray you get well soon and I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

    Ivy...I THANK YOU:)

    Alofas,
    ME

    Dan-Ivy Vena July 4 at 9:33am
    Thanks Anthony!! It's so good to hear from you. This blog has brought me messages from family and friends I had not heard from in a long time. Happy to see that you have not changed much from your friendly, smiley self!! Much love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ake Tupe Faalogo Aw hey suga, been reading your blog n wow I really admire your strength but mostly your faith in God n his mysterious power, so inspiring, keep staying strong Sis n we'll be with u n prayer n thru your journey, much love n God bless xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Len Reed July 1 at 3:31pm
    Hey Sis,
    I will be remembering you tomorow...Fridays my fast day, a day which i commit everything to the lord. Your Name will be my main focus tomorow! I believe in the power of prayer because so many people stood in the gap for my mother as she has had operations most of her adult life! Im forever greatful to those who prayed and continue to this day! Love you loads sis and yes Dan is the Man!!!lol
    Bless You
    Len

    Len Reed July 1 at 4:11pm
    Ive just printed the entire blog out thanks for a new book to read!hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Len Reed July 1 at 8:07pm
    Yep all 21 pages on MS Word(copy n paste lol) ...ive read it = cried, mum read it cried...Tali's with me now reading= crying!!!
    Gosh and u guys say NOTHING about it... Talis saying Dan mentioned nothing in Napier and seemed fine... but now hes reading ur blog he cant believe what u guys are going thru!!! MADDDD LOVE to u both, Mira and Nia!!!

    Len Reed July 1 at 8:14pm
    PS after the BOOK success and heads to be a feature film Im going to be 'DR DIAN' ok! but make sure who ever is playing you brushes their teeth before the shoot!!!hehehehehehe

    sorry for the dry jokes!i gant helb it!!!lol

    Dan-Ivy Vena July 1 at 8:32pm
    oh wow wasn't expecting that kind of response ...more like a..."okay Ivy's blabbing again...." thank you so much...your responses are healing my spirit ! Thank you Lord....

    p.s. LOL you'll have to be tanning in the islands for some time to have any resemblence to the Dr Dian :)

    Len Reed July 3 at 2:46pm
    Goodafternoon Ivy... trust u are well... remembered you yesterday had a challenging day coz i was hosting a group of youthies lastnite! We had a Auckland Region Youth Prayer Meeting lastnite all aucklands youth gathered at Epsom AOG and i put in a prayer request for you.
    Praise God for such a AWESOME JOURNEY= POWERFUL TESTIMONY!!! love to you dan and girls...
    will remember u tomorows service communion! Bless Ya Sis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nora Marshall July 1 at 8:37pm
    Hi Ivy!
    I have just been reading your blog and I had no idea you have been so unwell. I read a bit of it and it made me cry. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know. In the meantime you will be in my thoughts and prayers. God has given you plenty strength and with the love and support of your family and friends I know you will get through this.

    Lots of love. xxx

    Dan-Ivy Vena July 1 at 9:00pm
    Oh thank you sweets...I am surprised at how my blog is being received...but I'm glad it is touching people and hopefully helping us all to review our lives....but thanks again!...Your lovely butterfly sis Pheeb rang after reading my blog also. It's been a while since we've heard from each other. Your thoughts and prayers draw us closer...thanks sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rita Tapusoa July 1 at 11:48pm
    Hey dude, Flicking through fb and I saw your status. Much love to you and the family. Praying for your speedy recovery and hoping for the best outcome. Take care and I will be reading your parables. Much love. Ritaxxx

    Dan-Ivy Vena July 3 at 12:22am
    Thanks Rita!...it's time to reflect for me :) Hope you are keeping safe my friend and enjoying your travels!...thank you for your prayers! Much love...Ives

    ReplyDelete