Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 24 -My prayer...

Thursday 17 June
Woke up so early this morning, luckily because it wasn’t long before I had to go to the recovery room to have the pick line put into a vein through my arm that leads to my heart.  This allows for the antibiotics to be fed intravenously through my body.  I’m told that I will be on a high dosage of antibiotics for at least a month and then orally for 2 weeks following. 

A number of nurses had trouble trying to put a line into a vein in my arm.  Finally it worked after so many pricks later. Lying in the room reminded me of the times I was there after giving birth to Nia, after the stitches from birthing Mira, when Mira was in hospital.    I am thankful for these three people for the good job they did.  The job didn’t take long before I returned to my room.

All the staff here have been so great.  I think about sister-in-law Perlinder and what she will become after her studies.  It’s such a blessing to think about how God has blessed these people to have the heart to care as Jesus did for the sick.  We are all blessed with different levels of skills, abilities because we can’t all be doctors, or nurses.  We need a fair number of doctors, nurses, health care assistants, orderlies to make this ship work.

Mum came in to visit.  It was nice to spend some time with mum and to talk to her baout things.  I am very blessed to have a mother figure in my life whom I can sit and talk with.  Both my mothers are so special to me and bring certain qualities, share experiences that I can use to help me with raising my family.

Right now I’m watching Oprah, the second instalment to her series in sharing molestation and abuse.  One episode was about male molesters.  They talked about things that parents should look out for.  The message was really about keeping a strong relationship with your children so that they don’t look for the parent-child relationship from anyone else.  It is not only strangers but people you know.  It is a sad truth that must be spoken about.  I want my girls to grow up feeling strong and confident enough to stand against situations and not be in situations to begin with.  Amazing the story about a man who was molested by his mother between the ages of 4 and 11 and he stepped in for his younger sister when their mother prostituted the children.  The sister then aged 7 was to “entertain” a man who paid some money for her but the brother knew what was going to happen so he withstood a beating from his mother for stepping in and was then sent to the man instead of his sister.  The strength of a spirit is so powerful on its own but when coupled with the Power of our God nothing can come between Him and us.  The man grew to be a well educated 40 something year old, happily married with a 23 year old son who loves his father unconditionally.  This family is an amazing testimony to the strength of this man’s spirit and the goodness of God’s protection over us all.  I pray that Dan and I will never have to experience this with our girls but I pray more so for a relationship that is open with no boundaries, transparent and loving between Dan and I and our girls.

Dan came into visit me with our girls.  They are so grown up.  Danced and sang songs to entertain me.  I’m looking forward to going home.  Dan is so tired.  I need to think more about his love language.  In my mind all I think about is how messy our house is and that I’ve got a lot of work to do when I get home.  That already is beginning to stress me out.  But I need to consider his feelings.  He is doing a lot already but why does the thought creep into my mind that if the tables were turned I would be doing everything while at home!  But like Dan and I always say, we are made differently.  We are equipped with different levels of ability.  Agh! God give me strength J  Well at least I’ll have up to 6 weeks to get our house back on board.  God is this another test for me to learn that I need to slow down at home?  Mum wants to come down but now I’m reluctant to book anything because she complains of pains with her knee.  I’d rather she stay up there and get well and yet she puts things off because of work.  I’d rather she don’t come at all and just work!  Argh! God is this another test?

Dear Lord,

I thank you for your protection over me during my stay here at the hospital.  It has not been an easy journey for myself and my family.  Though these past few days have given me time to reflect on things.  My attitude of getting on with things is slowly coming back to me.  It’s a matter of whether my body will cooperate with my attitude.

I thank you for the love you have shown me and my family.  You have protected Dan and our girls.  I pray dear Father that I may be restored fully to the person in spirit and health that you want me to be.  I ask that you remove any burden from my spirit, mind and body that is weighing me down.  I will be leaving this place soon and I pray that I will leave behind the old me and step out into the world again refreshed and ready to serve!

I praise your Holy name dear God for all that you are and for all that you have done and continue to do for me!
I worship you and I give you praise.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment