Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 53 - Another good day....

Woke to yummy pancakes and caramelised bananas :) Oh how I will miss my aunty when she leaves.
My checks with my nurse was fine and I feel on track.  I managed to get a nap mid afternoon also.  We stayed indoors today.  My girls baked cookies with their aunty which they really enjoyed.  Dan arrived home early from work today so we watched DVDs for the rest of the night.  We stayed in for dinner and watched another DVD. Really enjoyed our last day together with my aunty.  Such a blessing to have her around.  So much has been done around the house I really feel relaxed.

We just finished watching "Everybody's Fine" featuring Robert De Niro, Kate Beckinsale and Drew Berrymore to name a few.  What a great film.  A tear-jerker to say the least.  A great message about a family who loses their mother through an illness.  It's Christmas and the father (De Niro) was expecting his children to come for dinner and all four of them came up with excuses not to come that year.  The real reason was that something had happened to the eldest son and they didn't want to break the news to their father and hurt him.  Because all the children did not come for Christmas he decided to make a risky trip and surprise all of them by visiting them in their cities, New York, Denver, Chicago, Las Vegas.  A risky trip for him as the doctor advised that he needed to relax because of problems with his heart.  What a beautiful story that reminded me of how me and my brothers live apart from my parents.  We want so much to be independent of our parents and get caught up in our lives that we forget that our parents are getting old and only wish to spend some quality time with us.

That is what this illness has brought me, quality time with my family.  I have another brother arriving next week and following that my parents will arrive.  I am so blessed in this storm (my illness) that God has heard my cry to see my family with me in my house and spend time with me and my family.  He is a great God and He knows what we go through, He knows our situation and He guides our decisions.

For whatever reason, when your parents ask you to come over for a visit.......do you say that your busy?
I know I have....but that's going to change.  It may be too late to change what our parents have become but there is still time to change us.

God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment