Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 59 - More help has arrived :)...

My check up again has gone well, though I am tired of having to travel to the hospital each day because I would rather sleep in.  Spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out with my brother which was nice.  I'm going to miss him very much.  When we arrived home he quickly baked a cake for my in-laws who will babysit my girls tonight.  It was great to watch him be so domesticated :).

My cousin arrived today and came over to cook dinner.  I quickly bathed the girls, and prepared their lunches and clothes to stay the night at their nana's.  That was enough to really knock the energy out of me.  So while my cousin prepared our meal and looked after my girls I got some rest.  I am so thankful that he has come out to help us.  He is only here for a short time but I am happy that he is here.

I loved hearing my girls getting along with their uncle.  He did so well to keep their entertained and cook a meal for us.  The dinner was delicious and my girls couldn't get enough of it. They were so excited to spend time with their uncle.

I'm feeling pretty good, though still get pretty exhausted quickly.  Already there are things that I need to get onto like study.  But with my family being in town all I want to do is spend time with them.  My parents arrive this weekend which I'm really happy about and looking forward to seeing them.

Spending time with my brother today we reminisced about our upbringing.  We talked about the things that our parents taught us.  I told him that I was amazed that the things our dad taught us I do today with my children.  An Austrian author once said that "In youth we learn, in age we understand".  Growing up I felt that my relationship with my mother would always be troubled but in spending time with my aunty and understanding my mother's upbringing I have come to learn so much more and feel so much more closer to her.  I can't wait to see her this weekend.  There are opportunities in our life that may never come around twice.  I try hard to recognise these opportunities and make the most of it.  This year I have decided to not assume the worst in situations, to let people know what I think at the appropriate time and in a way that my thoughts will be received.  I have learnt to let go and to move forward.  It is very true that our life is short so why worry about the troubles of tomorrow.  During my time of healing I have learnt to talk with my brothers and spend this quality time with them to talk about anything and everything.  I am so proud of my brothers and  to see them become the men they are today.  I love their families.  They have beautiful children and their wives compliment them.  It is great to see that my brothers are blessed with beautiful families.  It is one of many worries that parents have to wonder who their children will marry.  To have a good relationship with your in-laws is an important thing.  I truly believe that it is my responsibility for my family to have a relationship with my parents.  It is my responsibility to create opportunities for my husband and children to know their in-laws, grandparents, their uncles and aunties and their cousins.  They say that an argument between sets of parents should stay with them and not effect their children's relationship.  But that is not true.  Children get direction from their parents.  If your aunty/uncle is not happy with your mum/dad then it is natural for your cousin to not be happy with you.  It is a sad truth that this happens in life.  For any disagreement to occur between me and my brothers I make it my responsibility to sort things out with them quickly so as not to affect our children.  I think we can get so caught up in our arguments that we do not realise who it affects. I find it sad that parents allow their troubles with others become their children's.  The cycle continues when this happens.  I am glad that my relationship (and my family's) with my brothers and their families is healthy.

My brother leaves with his family tomorrow.  I am sad but I am truly thankful for the opportunity He has given us to be together during this time.  I feel truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment