Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 36 - I will rise on Eagles Wings

Tuesday 29 June 2010
Last night Yan, Sally and I chatted away very late into the night.  Well Sally and I chatted while Yan sang from down below (she farted).  She was told by a friend that wherever you’ll be let the wind blow free.  It felt like we were away at camp, like teenagers having conversations while lying in our bunk beds sneakingly eating chocolate.

Woke up to Dr. Dian and his Orthopaedic team standing over me! Argh! Not a good look in the morning.  They considered sending me home today and return tomorrow to see the Infections Diseases clinic.  I advised that my preference was to stay in another night and go home after the clinic in case something changed.  Dian agreed.  So this is the second day of taking the increased dosage of the longer-lasting pain relief.  So far so good. 

Gem, a young enthusiastic nurse of 6 months has been changing the dressing for my picc line.  I get a little nervous. I understand that nurses receive on the job training but I wonder how they select the right jobs to do especially when some can cause an infection in one’s heart like mine.  I’m all for development but um...yeah something to think about.

Looks as though Sally and I will stay another night.  Our latest roomy will leave today.  Good for her.

Sitting up this morning having breakfast and listening to Jan’s stories about her family.  I think as a younger generation we take for granted the knowledge that our parents, grandparents hold of our history.  We can learn so much from our elders especially the art of telling a story.

My friend Robyn gave me some encouragement that talks about being comforted in our suffering.  As I sit and wait on someone to comfort me, time passes and disappointment grows and suffering sets in again.  The message talks about not suffering alone.  When you have suffered for Christ he carries you through that suffering.  We feel confident knowing that there is always someone there with us.  He has never left us in the dark.  It is in our denial of ever knowing Him that we leave Him in the dark.  At this time that I sit and wait for my phone to ring to hear from that one person I want to hear from right now, I know that my Lord sits and waits with me.  When I think about the little things I do for the people around me, it distracts me from my own suffering.  But as God has blessed me with the little things I can turn and bless others in the same way. 

I am a born again Christian and have been for ten years.  Raised as a Catholic and now serving in a Pentecostal church.  The decision to believe that I was made for something greater, made to live a greater life and to serve a greater purpose than my own was the best decision I have ever made.  I never would’ve thought that I could accomplish so much in these ten years: happily married for 8 years, two beautiful girls, owning a home, finishing my degree working for in an organisation that allows me to learn more tools/techniques/skills that I can apply to work in the community, and serving in a church with a purpose to serve God and His people.  I am so truly blessed, though I am not perfect and I have made mistakes.  I try not to measure my mistakes against another so that I feel better about what I’ve done however we are all built with different values and perspectives, moulded by different life experiences so that measurement can never be accurate.  As people walk in and out of our lives know that only one thing remains constant in my life and that is my love for God.  Through Him all things are possible.  And I am a living testimony to that.

Angel came to see me today.  She is such a blessing.  She brought a bag of magazines and gifts for the girls so that each time they visit I can give them something.  They say that your life journey is spoken through the relationships that you keep and I am glad that Angel is one of those relationships that I have with me.

Dan arrived straight from the airport.  He looked so tired.  I love my husband so much.  It annoys me that he can do so much for everyone else and puts himself last on the list.  Which is like a lot of us.  I try to encourage him to take care of himself otherwise we would be lying next to each other in the same ward.  I pray not!  I managed to get Dan home early enough to hopefully get some rest.  I’m glad that Dan now feels comfortable with the situations at his work.  Thank you God!

I have been looked after through the night by Feria who is a nurse originally from the Phillipines.  She has been nursing for 30 years with 7 years spent in New Zealand.  She is a lovely person and is speaks quietly as most Phillipino women do.  Her nickname is Fairy which my girls would absolutely love though would find it hard to believe that a Fairy takes care of mummy during the night at the hospital.  I’m not sure if this is something I would want to share with them just yet.  I can imagine the mount of questions that would come my way like “was she wearing wings? What colour were they?”  Oh little girls and their imaginations!

I am so glad to finally hear from my brothers today.  They are both going to make the trip down to help us out.  Thank you Lord for hearing my cries and giving us an opportunity to be together again especially before Junior heads to England with his family!  Everything I have asked for, you have granted my belief in you remains!
My girls came to visit me today.  It was a short visit but I was glad to bless them with a little gift.

My day has ended with a peace that everything is under control.  I am feeling a lot better but I need to be patient and allow my body to heal in its time.  This may be my last night in hospital and compared to the last time I was in I actually enjoyed my time here.  Will miss the late night conversations with my roomys J it has been fun but tonight we must have an early night...though Sally reckons it may be another late night (new roomy onboard).

Dear Lord,
I would like to pray for my roomys, Janis, Sally and our new roomy.  I pray that tonight Janis may have relief in your leg and her throat so that she may have a comfortable rest.  I believe that your healing power can give her what she needs.  She is a beautiful woman with a kind heart to want to care for her nephew Centori.  I pray that you may cover that situation and that you may show Janis and her family what the best solution is this boy.  Bless her dear father because even in her time of need she continues to think of others.

I pray for Sally a beautiful young wife and mother of two.  I pray that your healing power may slow down and stop the bleeding in her side.  What started out as a simple one day operation has turned into two operations and four day stay in this healing place.  May your Holy Spirit be with her young family may the daily duties of caring of their children be simple with less fuss.  I pray that you may bless this kind soft-spoken woman with the courage and peace to see out the rest of her stay.  I ask that you may guide the hands of the surgeons that operate on Sally may their workings be swift and accurate.  I pray that Sally's body may be healed in Jesus Name.

I pray for our new roomy dear Lord that despite thinking that she would only be here for one night I pray that you may comfort her and give her peace while the doctors work on her to help her get better.  Please be with all our families and give them peace so that they know that we are taken care of in this place of Healing.
Amen.

We are all children of God made in His image. Kia Manuia.


This night ended with another reading of my journal and a song speaking to Yanis' heart.  We sang this together and fell asleep....


"Come live in Me
All my life
Take over
Come breathe in me
And I will rise on Eagles Wings...."

No comments:

Post a Comment